Thread: Lake Travis

19cobaltcd
    Looks like I'm gonna be in Austin in July again next year. Been down there every summer the past 4 years. Never have brought the boat with me. Think I'm gonna have to this time. Oldest daughter lives there and will be having the first grandchild in that timeframe. Before I get blasted by all the women on here I want to spend some time with her but not 24 hrs a day for 10 days. I've done all the diaper changing I'm gonna do in my life. Probably do a couple of mid week runs to the lake and explore. More than likely just be me and my son cruizin around. Suggestions on the best parts of the lake. Anyone want to meet, float and drink some brews I'll get more detail as the time gets closer. I have a map of the lake at home, just trying to figure out on it where to launch and where to go. Thanks,

nomomoney
    mansfield damn is the best plase to put in.it is right off of hwy 620..you must go to carlos and charlies its a blast..

Sweet Addiction
    mansfield damn is the best plase to put in.it is right off of hwy 620..you must go to carlos and charlies its a blast..
    I agree that the State Park there is the best Place to put in. They have excellent boat ramps, and a dock. They have decent restrooms, and the parking is ok. The fee is only $10, and thats cheaper than the marinas want. A few times over the summer my buddies would have to park the truck out on the road, but walking never hurt anyone. Carlos' and Carlies is an awsome place to go when the weather is nice. Lots of nice boats, and very, very fine women just laying around on decks. Oh, and if you want to hang out, and float and drink some beers over nice conservation or gobs of people. Then follow the heavy line of boats to Devil's Cove. Straight across from Carlos' and Charlies. If you ever venture up river, there is a large cove called Cow's Creek. I think its on the lake map. There are usually people haning out there also. Its a good boat ride that way though. I have some shallow spots marked and coves to hang out in all scribbled on my map, and I will be acquiring a GPS soon so I can give you coordinates or any trouble areas if need be. Looking Forward to the summer time.

R.A.D.man
    What part of town will you be staying in. Mansfield ramp may not be the best dependant on that. Jonny Fins is another good place to eat and drink on Travis with live music that can be accessed from a boat.
    Also, Lake Austin has several like Hula Hut (plus one more next door to it), Ski Shores (sometimes live music), County Line BBQ and The Pier (Live Music) all accessible from a boat.

eddie
    The wife and I are going to come down in July - hope to hook up with some peeps on the lake. Going to bring down the 25 Outlaw

19cobaltcd
    My daughter lives near the Highland Mall. We normally stay over near I-35 somewhere but we were thinking about staying out near the Arboretum this time down. We have been down there a few times now but have never made it out to the lakes. I intend to fix that this trip. Any good golf courses around Austin? Tried to play a couple of years ago when we were there but San Antonio and Austin were having there 100 year flood. Spent most of the time in the hotel bar getting hammered.

Sweet Addiction
    The wife and I are going to come down in July - hope to hook up with some peeps on the lake. Going to bring down the 25 Outlaw
    Say man, just let everyone know when your going to be in town. You will feel right at home here. I am usually around and on Lake Travis much of the Summer. Only exceptions are Holidays, I pack up and head to the Parents Lake house and hang out. Nice looking boat you also have. I have been looking at some 25' Outlaws but not sure I want make the transition from paid for boat to $300-$500 a month payments. Oh well just some 02.
    Later Jared