Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 377 Scorpion feedback

speedneeder
    Does anyone have any feedback as to the performance of Mercruisers 377? It would be placed in a Schiada RC.

speedneeder
    Thanks Spectra. I was told the 377 with Imco exhaust would push a RC to 70 but have a hard time accepting a small block with that number. I was originally set on another stoker, the 22 this time but the insurance is thru thru the roof so I'm looking for good performing v bottoms in the 21-22 range. So far the Vector and the RC and happen to run a year old RC with a 377.

all faded
    my 23' kachina has a 377 scorpion and in the ocean i can get it up to 69, 70 on my speedometer.

speedneeder
    Does it suffer much as you weight the boat down?

all faded
    weight affects my boat only on the take off, however I plan to get a better prop for that problem. otherwise I love the scorpion. It is also good on gas.

CBLavey
    I know that the Scorpion makes more horsepower than the 6.2MX but internally does anyone eaxctly what the difference between the two is?

bordsmnj
    i think the timing has more advance on the scorpion also. but......get a big block! :boxed:

75spectra
    I have the 377 Scorpion in my Eliminator and it runs 72 stock! The Scorpion that I have has 377 horse at the crank 365 at the prop and is a Merc hand built engine (look for the lock wire at the port side front of the intake manifold bolts) mine is still intact. The 377 does not have forged pistons they are hyperutetic (spelling?) the motor also uses a Lunati forged crank, not GM. Our Merc tech rep told me the best exhaust to use on the 377 is the EMI Thunder and these wont screw with the cpu.

Sir Psycho Sexy
    A friend of mine owns A Super V 24, with A Blue Scorpion in it. (i guess it's A 377cid) Anyway it ran 72 on gps with A stock alpha outdrive.

CBLavey
    I have the 377 Scorpion in my Eliminator and it runs 72 stock! The Scorpion that I have has 377 horse at the crank 365 at the prop and is a Merc hand built engine (look for the lock wire at the port side front of the intake manifold bolts) mine is still intact. The 377 does not have forged pistons they are hyperutetic (spelling?) the motor also uses a Lunati forged crank, not GM. Our Merc tech rep told me the best exhaust to use on the 377 is the EMI Thunder and these wont screw with the cpu.
    I installed the EMI Thunder exhaust on my 6.2MX. Made a big difference, now running a 24-1/2 " Bravo 1 at 5200 rpm vs. a 22" with stock exhaust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast