Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how much epoxy wil i need?

crf311
    Well I have glass in the new stringers, transom and floor and now I need to mount the jet intake to the bottom of the hull. I need a estimate of how much seagoing epoxy to purchase. I think a half gallon will get me by. What do you all think , will I need more or less? Thanks.

HammerDown
    Well I have glass in the new stringers, transom and floor and now I need to mount the jet intake to the bottom of the hull. I need a estimate of how much seagoing epoxy to purchase. I think a half gallon will get me by. What do you all think , will I need more or less? Thanks.
    When I did my Pump set-back, I used almost 4 qts. Now keep in mind I had a hole to fill and re-contour the underside.
    My tip...get extra.

Squirtin Thunder
    When I did my Pump set-back, I used almost 4 qts. Now keep in mind I had a hole to fill and re-contour the underside.
    My tip...get extra.
    Too much is never enough !!!

Fogged Gullwing
    Half gallon will be more than enough. Make sure you mask of the areas you don't want epoxy on!
    Good luck BK

tahitijet
    for mine ( i reset the intake and a set back) i ordered a 1 quart kit from Jack at MPD.. that makes near 2 quarts and was exactly enough. I actually had to clean both cans to get enough to fill the bolts heads on the bottom but it was enough.

thats odd!
    when we set mine it took just a bit less that the two quarts (mixed), and through the whole clean-up there was quite a bit more removed!
    but then again i was just resetting the intake back in the same old hole!
    so, did you guys fill the set back hole with the piece of cut out and just epoxy back in front of the intake??
    seems that there are quite a few ways to do this, wonder what would be the best way?
    mpd fabs up a plate for the front of the intake but am not too sure what is used to fill the hole under the plate?
    inquiring minds want to know?
    todd

Jake W2
    When I set mine back I reglassed the front of the hole and likeTodd, I used less than the two qurts (mixed) even after filling in the holes ect.But the back of my intake is cut off.
    Jake

When I set mine back I reglassed the front of the hole and likeTodd, I used less than the two qurts (mixed) even after filling in the holes ect.But the back of my intake is cut off.
    Jake
    thats how i fig the best way to do a set-back but more input would be nice!
    also if you have a boat and only do a 2" set-back, does this mean that the boat will be "projected" foreward/out of the water 2"more or does the set -back create more lift, my guess that it would not give you any more lift.

Squirtin Thunder
    Todd,
    What type of loader do you have ???
    I was thinking of a partial center blocker for mine for a bit more lift.
    Jim

tahitijet
    I did mine the same way Jack does his.. thats a plate inside the boat and put the cut out section of wood back under the boat and fill it all with epoxy.. now that i think about i had my intake cut off for max setup back like I think Jake did. before i did this i made the inititial cut and then had to recut for the extra 1/2-3/4? so my filler pieace going back in was smaller then the hole so it required a little extra epoxy.
    With that in mind the quart kit i'm sure is more then enough if you don't change you mind mid way like i did :boxed:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast