mike37
    OK we just rebuilt my boys bronco motor
    and #2 cylinder is not firing
    we have spark
    and compression but no bang
    looks like no fuel is getting to it
    how can we test to see if the injector is bad

Moneypitt
    Not sure about ford, but GM type injector nozzles vibrate when they pulse. Check one that you know is working and see if it is pulsating to the touch, then feel the one you suspect as bad. check the wires etc. Does that engine have seperate coils per cylinder? ??????????????.............MP

GofastRacer
    It's probably time to send all of them in to get cleaned!..

mike37
    thank for all the input
    the #2 side is hard to get to so I'm hoping for a loose connection
    but i think ill be replacing them

Fiat48
    The Explorer next door had a dead #2 hole. Turned out the injector wire plug connection was bad. Might look at that.

bigkatboat
    Rig up a 'deal' with two "D" sized batteries. That will make 3 Volts DC, and be enough to activate the injector. This will let you test the injector before you start 'tearing everything out', to find a clogged injector nozzle. Good luck!

GofastRacer
    Well if the motor needed a rebuild that means everything else is probably in need of some attention, if it was me I would have gone thru "everything" before putting it together!..But that's just me!..

steelcomp
    Well if the motor needed a rebuild that means everything else is probably in need of some attention, if it was me I would have gone thru "everything" before putting it together!..But that's just me!..
    That was helpful!!
    (just messin w/ ya MP)

GofastRacer
    That was helpful!!
    (just messin w/ ya MP)

78Eliminator
    How do you know it is not firing? The reason I ask is because I just got through a load of problems with my 86 EFI 5.0 bronco. Number 2 and 3 looked like they were not pulling their load. My first suspicion was injectors. Well, my suggestion to you is to play musical injectors. Switch 2 with 6 and see if six starts to act up. If not, leak it down. It turned out on my bronco that on 2 and 3 the valves were never fully seating. I shimmed the rockers just to get it to seat (I know this is totally half ass, but I just wanted to get it to run right). Anyway, after shimming the rockers the valves seated and I got some decent leak down results (the previous leakage was 100%!!!!). I knew right away that it helped because the motor used to shake all over the place and now it was fairly balanced. Crappy thing about my shimming the rockers is that I lost the valves on 2 and 3 being able to open as far as they should.
    Then I found out that the EGR was stuck open, which was also messing up the idle performance. I worked it with a vacuum test pump a few times then it seemed to work fine. I also found a big vacuum leak and fixed that.
    Can you give us a more detailed description as why you think that 2 is not firing? What are the exact symptoms and where is the proof to verify your suspicions?
    PM me if you need any help, I REALLY know ford broncos. I bought a bronco that was not running that the owner gave up on. He thought it was possessed by the devil and there was no way to get it to run right. After a while of working on it I was starting to think he might have been right, but I finally sorted everything out. Don't give up and let us know what's going on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast