Thread: 2.4 Bridgeports

full throttle
    I'm looking @ a boat w/twin 1990 2.4 bridgeport motors. Anyone have some insight on these. I don't have alot of experience w/outboards. What are they worth in perfect cond.? Dependability? My last outboard ride a few years ago was a Daytona w/Trip V-8 Johnsons. That boat caused me alot of greif trying to keep all 3 in sync. Don't want to go down that road again. I really like this boat, but am worried about the motors. Thx in advance.

full throttle
    Anyone?

STV_Keith
    2.4 BP's are decent motors. How many hours? EFI or carbureted? Offshore mid sections or Bass (not open exhaust, only 5 holes at the bottom of the midsection)? What gearcases? CLE's?

HavasuDreamin'
    They are excellent motors. Not as powerful nor do they have the potential of 2.5L motors, but they are very solid, reliable and put out good power when built right. Just like anything else, if they are aged, been run hard, not maintained well, etc., they may not be reliable.
    HD

full throttle
    Tried to make the deal today, but it did'nt work out. I'm really bummed. Not like I needed a 3rd boat, but I really wanted it. You all know how that works. Thx for the input.