Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: roller rockers bbc

travis hathaway
    what brand of roller rockers would some of you chevy enthusiasts suggest for my 454

Tinkerboater
    Unless you are building a high HP engine any of the name brand will work. You don't need the high $ ones.

Blown Sleek
    I have run the Harlen sharp 1.7? for last few seasons they have not failed me yet.
    Pretty inexpensive Got them from J.R. at Chet Herbert.

jstwkd
    I was going to ask the same question?Was wondering if I should run a set of billet alum.by erson black anodized or comp. cams magnum rockers made of 4340 chomemoly a little heavier. Have both sets not sure what to run?

superdave013
    Originally posted by Blown Sleek:
    I have run the Harlen sharp 1.7? for last few seasons they have not failed me yet.
    Pretty inexpensive Got them from J.R. at Chet Herbert.
    I had a Chet Herbert Harlen Sharp fail on me. The trunion broke. Yep, a chunk when in the oil pump and trashed it too. I have had trouble with other of their house brand parts too. Bummer for me because they are so close to my house.
    I would look for a set that has the largest trunions you can get. I have some from Clay Smith that are huge and can be rebuilt. Comp Cams makes some nice ones and Crane are some good ones too. Don't skip because if it does let you down, you could loose more than just one rocker.
    Here is a pic of my valve train. I know the lash is still loose in the photo.
    http://fs8.dotphoto.com/MemberImages...EAE166967F.jpg
    [This message has been edited by superdave013 (edited February 11, 2002).]

spectras only
    I've got Speed Pro on two BBF ,beefy as SD's on his engine ,full needle bearing type.

lakecrazy
    I've run Crane energizer roller rockers on my BBF for the last 3 seasons with no problems.

mister460
    I've got Crower stainless on my truck (460 BB Ford, roughly 625 hp) and they work great. I rev it to over 6500 and have never floated a valve. They'll run you about 350 bucks though. But they're worth it!

travis hathaway
    Thanks for the replys and suggestions. I was running Crane and several of them lost needle bearings and failed, causing head, piston,and cylinder damage. Crane offered to replace them for $233.09 Part #13750-16. I was looking on E-bay and saw some Scorpian Brand for $189. Never heard of them but seller said they were best sold by Brodix. I would like to have some that would hold up when I build more hp. I have heard good things about the Crower Stainless. This topic is getting interesting! Keep it rolling!

Boater Bill
    Comp Cams Pro Magnum's. I would stay away from the aluminum rockers but I don't believe you need the s.s. ones unless you are going endurance/offshore racing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast