Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bummer

phebus
    Just got back from the doctor. Had back surgery two years ago when I blew a disc. Have been having recurring back pain in the past few months, so decided to get checked out. Well, the MRI results say it is time for more surgery, so I am off work awaiting the approval from work comp for the go ahead. I sure hope to get back to work. I am not ready both mentally and financially to retire. Bottom line for now..... I am going to be online a lot. Might keep me from going crazy!!

RP1
    I know we talked about this the other night, sorry to hear about the results. Hang in there and try not to end up with carpal tunnel from all the posting

Mrs CP 19
    Sorry to hear, hope all goes well and you are done with surgery and feeling better soon. The boards have been a great distraction for me since I've been unable to work! Jill

Chris Winn
    good seeing you on Friday,
    hope all comes out for the best for you. hope that this doesn't cut into your boating season.

Scream
    How do you think My wife got so many posts...spinal fusion, 3 levels...she does have some good meds I have to admit. Who's your doctor and where?
    Scream

phebus
    How do you think My wife got so many posts...spinal fusion, 3 levels...she does have some good meds I have to admit. Who's your doctor and where?
    Scream
    My first surgery was done by Dr. Palmer out of Mission Hospital in Mission Viejo. My next surgery will be done By Dr. Gross at Hoag Hospital. Both neurosurgeons.

Scream
    Hoag's a good hospital. Good luck.. What type of procedure are you talkin? Discectomy or fusion?
    Just remember to do everything the doctor asks. Good luck and don't over do it after the surgery.
    Scream

Lake Ape
    Ahhhhhhhhh!
    My Dad just went through this last month. I SERIOUSLY suggest you take a look this, it's for real!
    Dr. John Sarno (http://www.healingbackpain.com/index2.html)

TheLurker
    Sorry to hear about the need for surgery Phebus. It was nice meeting you at the Yard House Friday night.

phebus
    Hoag's a good hospital. Good luck.. What type of procedure are you talkin? Discectomy or fusion?
    Just remember to do everything the doctor asks. Good luck and don't over do it after the surgery.
    Scream
    Last operation was a discectomy, this time he wants to do more diagnostics prior to commiting on an exact procedure (discogram, epidurals to individual disc spaces, etc.) Possibly fusion or one of the new synthetic discs. But, if I have any chance of returning to work, the least evasive procedure the better, so it is possible he will do another discectomy or laminectomy, with further work in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast