Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to V-Drives

Lake Ape
    Hello,
    I just sold my Nordic and am looking for a V-Drive to keep up with my buddies Campbell. I just took my first ride in his V-Drive and learned how to drive this last weekend and am hooked. I am just starting my search for one and don't really know what to look for, I will most likely have to get a loan from the bank or maybe a home equity deal. I am just looking at the adds for V-Drives and was wondering the Schiada's bring so much, what makes them so good? I have found adds for Schiada's, Spectras (Contentials too), Southwinds, and finally this one on eBay.
    http://i7.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/08/82/22_3.JPG
    Cheyenne (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting)
    Other than motors, what should I look for? My buddies Campbell has two 35 gallon tanks which I think is cool, I think I need a good V in the hull so I can goto Havasu during the chop, etc.
    What else do I need to consider? Is the eBay boat worth that much from the description and pictures?
    Thanks,
    Lake Ape

Lake Ape
    BTW, I've had a few people ask about my Nordic, it had a Bravo One on it not a V-Drive.
    Thanks,
    Lake Ape

Lake Ape
    Come on, I can't believe no one on this forum has any advice for me. What should I look for? Is Schiada the boat to get, is it that much better than the rest? I want to buy something in the next couple of months to beat the summer swarms and increased prices. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am tired of rebuilding, cleaning, showering, etc. my outdrive so I definitely ain't gettin' another one of those..

GofastRacer
    Schiadas have been top of the line boats forever that's why the high price, check with "JordanPaulk" (he's in Phoenix) he has a bitchin one for sale at a good price!..Spectra, Raysoncraft and Rush are also great boats. I would pass on that one on E-Bay for sure!..

bigkatboat
    A number of hull designs will run with V-drive, and going with the over priced brands don't insure success. Look at v-driveboat.com and ask your questions there.

NitroMan
    Come on, I can't believe no one on this forum has any advice for me. What should I look for? Is Schiada the boat to get, is it that much better than the rest? I want to buy something in the next couple of months to beat the summer swarms and increased prices. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am tired of rebuilding, cleaning, showering, etc. my outdrive so I definitely ain't gettin' another one of those..
    If your really as gay as you sound, come out with an outboard.

O.K. I'll bite.
    I know nothing about v-drive cruizers.
    But welcome to the dark side. Their are a few guys in here that are very familiar with the "big boats", give them time they will chime in. -Thats "chime" with an M. c'mon.

Lake Ape
    If your really as gay as you sound, come out with an outboard.
    No, not gay at all, that's why I sold the Nordic. I inherited the boat from an Uncle who thought the paint was way cool! Nice friggin' hat BTW, is that 8-71 or 10-71?
    Thanks guys, I will check out V-Drive.com

ColeTR1
    Schiadas, Spectra, Raysoncraft, and Rush
    Gofast named the top 4
    Conley, Hallet, Hondo, and Dimarco is some good older boats!
    Cool boats for sale
    dimarco (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/7/76996257.htm)

Lake Ape
    How does Rayson Craft stack up against the others? I could easily build a motor for this boat but is it worth $18,000 I don't have a clue. It's listed in the ***boat Classifieds.
    I am trying to figure out exactly what I want before I go out test driving everything on the planet. The wife did sign off on the deal last night, so new boat by summer!
    http://www.***boat.com/classifieds/ads/images/936_2.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast