Thread: Pro-Billet Ready to run MSD ?????

WheelerDealer
    Has anybody tried one of these on their lake cruiser? It might be cool not to have to worry about an ignition box for once...K.I.S.S...right? The Chevy Part Number is PN8360

ezstriper
    Works great till they don't work at all, just like the boxes !

UBFJ #454
    We ran one on the Mamba's old 650 Hp motor, back when she was running RR. Now we're using a 7AL-3 with a Crank Trigger on 'Ms. MoneyPenny' and have been Quite Satisfied ... Had the MSD Digital 7, PN 7531, been available back when 'Ms. MoneyPenny' originally went together we would have gone with that instead of the 7AL-3 ... We're now looking to UpGrade from the 7AL-3 to the 7531 and will do so sometime in the not too distant future ...
    Actually, I'm waiting to see if MSD comes out with a Product combining the 7531 capabilities with their new Coil-per-Cylinder Ignition System at a Reasonable Price ... Might even be Interested in being a "Test Bed" for such a Product.

Squirtin Thunder
    Has anybody tried one of these on their lake cruiser? It might be cool not to have to worry about an ignition box for once...K.I.S.S...right? The Chevy Part Number is PN8360
    Anything this guy says is bullshit !!!!

Cole Sanger
    This one needs no box, so it should be good. I keep hearing that the box goes bad. I have one, but have not used it yet. Still waiting for the engine to get finished. Let you know when I get it in the boat.

AZKC
    Hop up an GM HEI and be done.