Thread: Gen 6 502

jstwkd
    I was looking at the 502 I just picked up and relized it was a gen 6 heavy tow 512 ft.trq @ 2800/338 horse @4500 .I thought I was getting gen 5 440 horse/512 ft. trq. I will be running edelbroke 6045 alum. heads 2.19int/1.88 exh.- 110cc comp. ratio should be around 9.8 probably a clay smith .650 lift some wear in that area. as far as i can tell should be same short block?Any ideas

Racing Ray
    [This message has been edited by Racing Ray (edited March 18, 2002).]

jstwkd
    Thanks Ray,Appreciate the help Unfortunatley I,ve allready purchased the heads.I,ve been thinking of polishing the them (Outside).So they will come apart anyway.Just got to figure out how?I'm hoping that cam will put me in the 600 hp range with a 950 cfm demon.(Not purchased yet)tunnel ram and rewarders twisties.Finishing up my fathers boat then I'll start mine.

1quickjet
    RacingRay, any info on the 454 HO? This is a 425 horse, 500 lb/ft torque crate motor. How well do "car" motors work in boats? I have heard that due to different clearances (such as cylinder wall to piston) problems can arise such as sticking a piston. Is this a legitimate concern? Thanks!