Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Border Control

Her454
    I had a discussion this weekend regarding border control and the fact that if you are an illegal alien in the US and working and contributing to the system you should be entitled to benefits under the US system. I may have even asked this question before as it seems to come up every time Im in Arizona and someone talks about the border issues.
    A very close friend of mine is in Law Enforcement in Yuma and deals with alot of death along the border. He mentioned the incident a few years ago where 15 dead bodies were discovered and how horrific it was to have to work that
    day out in the desert and process the bodies etc. We both have alot of mexican (No I'm not racist) friends as we grew up together in Yuma and its obviously a border town. He has seen alot more than I have in my years and I respect his intelligence, but our opinions differ greatly on this subject. While I have empathy for their situations, I still think they should be sent back once caught on US soil, injured or not. He told me some terrible stories of hardships, death and determination in trying to reach their dream of living in the US but it still did not sway my opinion. I think if you want to live in the US you should SPEAK English and obtain US Citizenship if it means that much to you. He feels that if you have lived here a certain amount of time and worked then you should be entitled to US benefits/health etc. I do not.
    What is the general consensus here?

Mrs. Restless22
    My thoughts are very simple on this matter....if you cannot speak English, you do not belong here.
    If you can speak english, well then you can get your citizenship and work in a job that supports your 15 children back home. (not a racist comment)

Jbb
    Pack em up and ship them to Tom Browns house in Canada....He has a sweatshop in his basement making bran muffins and burritos...and He is always looking for some .....new help.....ole! :hammer2:

tamalewagon
    I had a discussion this weekend regarding border control and the fact that if you are an illegal alien in the US and working and contributing to the system you should be entitled to benefits under the US system.
    A very close friend of mine is in Law Enforcement in Yuma and deals with alot of death along the border. He mentioned the incident a few years ago where 15 dead bodies were discovered and how horrific it was to have to work that
    day out in the desert and process the bodies etc. We both have alot of mexican (No I'm not racist) friends as we grew up together in Yuma and its obviously a border town. He has seen alot more than I have in my years and I respect his intelligence, but our opinions differ greatly on this subject. While I have empathy for their situations, I still think they should be sent back once caught on US soil, injured or not. He told me some terrible stories of hardships, death and determination in trying to reach their dream of living in the US but it still did not sway my opinion. I think if you want to live in the US you should SPEAK English and obtain US Citizenship if it means that much to you. He feels that if you have lived here a certain amount of time and worked then you should be entitled to US benefits/health etc. I do not.
    What is the general consensus here?
    Nationality or ethnic background should not be the question. I believe it should be "is the person(s) here legally?" Regardless if the person is Mexican, French, Italian, Russian etc. they should be deported without proper documentation stating they are allowed to remain in this country.

Her454
    Nationality or ethnic background should not be the question. I believe it should be "is the person(s) here legally?" Regardless if the person is Mexican, French, Italian, Russian etc. they should be deported without proper documentation stating they are allowed to remain in this country.
    Nationality was stated in this post since I was specifically referring to the border problems on the Mexican/Arizona border and they are the only ones I am personally familiar with. Otherwise, yes you are correct.

Lake Ape
    My thoughts are very simple on this matter....if you cannot speak English, you do not belong here.
    If you can speak english, well then you can get your citizenship and work in a job that supports your 15 children back home. (not a racist comment)
    Now wait a second here, The United States of America, is by nature composed of people who at one time or another didn't speak English in the begining unless they came from an english speaking nation of Europe. If you went by that mentality unless you speak Navajo, Apache, Blackfoot, etc. you don't belong here. Guess what, bye, bye and I hope you have your bags packed!
    I live in Mesa, AZ and have to put up with illegals every day. In short yes, I agree they should not be here illegally but they should be given the chance if they pay thier dues and go through the system.

NOTALENT
    As long as they do it the legal way. I have no problem with it. If they are going to try and do it illegaly send all there ass back no matter where they come from. That is why we are losing so many damn jobs for our current american citizens. Another thing I hate is that law where they want to give those licenses to the illegal aliens...shit if they cant afford insurance, what in the hell are we going to do if they crash into someone?? Plus the fact that we are over populating our schools, because they are being bused into the nicer areas..damn..this subject can get messy.

lucky
    border crossing should coincide with hunting seasons --
    yep - red,- i got me a canadian arse talker - he was this big ;=========0

Lady Rat Attack 1
    I agree with you T. I deal with many different nationalities where I work. What makes me the most angry is these people that I deal with are truck drivers and when they come into my plant and CAN NOT speak english my nerves go out the roof How in the hell can you drive a truck on the hiways that my taxes pay and NOT speak our language. I don't care if you live here but speak in my language.

tamalewagon
    Nationality was stated in this post since I was specifically referring to the border problems on the Mexican/Arizona border and they are the only ones I am personally familiar with. Otherwise, yes you are correct.
    Believe me...I know what you are talking about. I live in San Diego. Granted, the problems along the border in Yuma are 10 time worse than in San Diego.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast