Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Props

JB in so cal
    Ok. I know this has been (re)done about as much as Ford v. Chevy, but:
    Magic Deck boat with stock 24' BRAVO 1 4 blade. WOT is about 4900-5000 and 69/70 on speedo. Any ideas on more top end without loosing too much hole shot? 3 blade 25?
    Thanks,
    JB

Charley
    has anyone tried 5 blades on a magic?

Bre
    Time for more hp. Nothing else you can do.

hot_diggity_dog
    Ok. I know this has been (re)done about as much as Ford v. Chevy, but:
    Magic Deck boat with stock 24' BRAVO 1 4 blade. WOT is about 4900-5000 and 69/70 on speedo. Any ideas on more top end without loosing too much hole shot? 3 blade 25?
    Thanks,
    JB
    Go with a labbed 26P 4 blade.
    HDD

phebus
    You can spend a fortune on props, but that combination has been the most used application going for a 28 deck with the 496HO. In my opinion you would be wasting a lot of money to gain at most 1-2 mph.

mbrown2
    Any ideas on more top end without loosing too much hole shot? 3 blade 25?
    Thanks,
    JB
    Retard your speedo by increasing it by about 5mph and call it good.. :rollside:

phebus
    If you are propped right to start with, the only reason you will pick up a little speed with a new prop is due to the lighter load with an empty wallet.

JB in so cal
    If you are propped right to start with, the only reason you will pick up a little speed with a new prop is due to the lighter load with an empty wallet.
    I guess I can't add that thru hull exhaust for an extra 3 to 5 mph...LOL

hot_diggity_dog
    When you increase the prop size you usualy loose RPM's. With a labbed prop the blades are thinner, balanced and you can gain more MPH and keep about or near the same RPM's. :wink: :2purples:
    Prop changes are the best method of increasing top end MPH for the dollar. :hammerhea
    Just my .02
    HDD

phebus
    When you increase the prop size you usualy loose RPM's. With a labbed prop the blades are thinner, balanced and you can gain more MPH and keep about or near the same RPM's. :wink: :2purples:
    Prop changes are the best method of increasing top end MPH for the dollar. :hammerhea
    Just my .02
    HDD
    I agree, getting the proper size and pitch prop is the best bang for the buck, but going with a labbed prop is a gamble for the money spent. I would think that for the little speed gain vs. the more fragile prop on a non high performance application when you don't need to squeeze the last possible bit of speed is not worth the money spent.
    I have a similar set up (deck boat with 496HO), and borrowed a 26p labbed Bravo 1 (by Mercury) from a friend, and gained approx 1 mph while running at the same rpm vs my standard 24p Bravo 1.
    I know different applications will vary, but the fact is on a deck boat running a 496HO, you aren't going to see a significant change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast