Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welder help.

HYPNAUTIC
    I thought some of you out there might be able to help me out with this..
    Need to find a welder that is good for both aluminum and steel. This would be for just around the house use. Haven't used a welder in about 12 years so something simple would be best.
    Thanking you in advance for your help.

HCS
    I'll pitch in.
    Get a good mig. But there not cheep for a good one. Personally I like Lincoln.
    www.lincolnelectric.com

dave186
    I like my Miller because its blue :wink: lincolns are good too. I dont know a specific model, but I would recommend MIG as well. but TIG would be even more versatile.

HYPNAUTIC
    thanks for the help. i'll look up miller and lincoln and see what they got. at least i know what type of welder to look for now.
    thanks again..

Jordy
    Depending on what you want to do, those are the 2 brands I would look at. They have migs that run off 110V and are under $500. You can step up to a 220V unit for around a grand. I've got a Millermatic 185 and love it. Never had a problem with it. I started off looking at stick welders because that's what I learned on, but the guy at the welding shop sold me on a mig. Spent about 2 minutes with it and was welding my name in cursive. Very cool contraptions.

Jbb
    I have a Solar 2120 115 volt mig.....and have been welding panels on cars with it for 15 years without one problem...

HYPNAUTIC
    thats exactly what i'm looking for. 110V perfect. less than $500 perfect.
    thanks JP

Jordy
    I found this. They seem to have gone up a little bit:
    http://www.weldingmart.com/Qstore/p001730.htm
    http://www.weldingmart.com/Qstore/cu...ermatic135.gif
    MILLERMATIC 135 115V 60HZ W/REG HOSE
    The Millermatic® 135 is perfect for light fabrication, garage/body shops, auto body, and at home. It welds material 24 gauge to 3/16 inch. This all-in-one MIG machine has infinite voltage control with wire feed speed tracking for easy operator control. Runs on 115 Volt input power to go wherever you need to weld!
    For welding steel and just playing around, learning, etc. I'd just get a spool of flux cored wire and burn it up. It will be cheaper than blowing through a bunch of shield gas, although you'll need that if you want the really clean welds when playing with aluminum.
    I don't know anything about the store I posted, just did a search online to see what was out there and how close I was. You can probably find them a little cheaper, but this one is at least in the ballpark.

Budget Baller
    I have the Miller in stock in Whittier, ***boat Member price is $575.00. This is the complete package, gun, cable, clamp, regulator, wire etc.
    PM me if your interested.

HYPNAUTIC
    wheres your shop at? would like to stop by take a look, ask some application questions..
    post or pm which ever works for you
    thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast