Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AKC German Shepherds

Her454
    In Nor Cal? Its been over 15 years since I purchased my baby so I dont really know of a reputable breeder in Nor Cal anymore and I want another German Shepherd.
    Any recommendations?

Ziggy
    One of my employees used to breed German Shepards...I'll ask him if they have any leads.

Rayhill
    I want another German Shepherd.
    Any recommendations?
    Have you been good?

Her454
    Have you been good?
    I'm always good.

Her454
    One of my employees used to breed German Shepards...I'll ask him if they have any leads.
    Thanks Zig.

Bad Baja
    Go to your local Police station and see where they get theirs. You might be able to pick one up thats already trained. Alot of times the dogs do not graduate from the Police Academy, and are sold. They are very smart dogs nonetheless

Her454
    Go to your local Police station and see where they get theirs. You might be able to pick one up thats already trained. Alot of times the dogs do not graduate from the Police Academy, and are sold. They are very smart dogs nonetheless
    Yes Im very familiar with that as I've had 4 of my dogs go to the Calaveras/San Joaquin Sheriffs Dept. They came from my pride and joy, she is gone now, has been for 3 years. I kept one of her pups, a male and he ended up breaking my arm severly(it was a freak accident) but I was injured so long after that and he got so large I couldnt handle him so he went to a good home.
    Im ready for another one now.... but I want one from a pup, to train myself.

Rayhill
    I have a friend who has 2 Shepards. He found a great award winning breeder in Texas for German Shepards on the net! Came close to making the trip, but ended up taking an employees dog who needed a home.

clownpuncher
    The best GSD come from Germany, but, it'll cost quite a bit more than an American shepard.
    What do you want to do with the dog? Pet? Protection?
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...uality-med.jpg
    As stated above, a few GSD's dont' pass tpolice work but I'd highly recommend you stay away from those. Too many problems for the average handler.
    I used to know a fairly decent breeder in No Cal, not police quality, but, good for home. I'll see what I can dig up.
    I can talk for days on end about working dogs

clownpuncher
    I gotta go to dinner. If I get back early enough I'll PM you with some good-to-know info.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast