Thread: Hi-Helix Blower questions...

WheelerDealer
    Is anyone running a Hi-Helix on their lake/river boat? Would there be any big issues running a Hi-helix blower on something other than a race only deal.You just don't hear people talk about running them anywhere other than the track.

Schiada76
    PM J540 he runs one on his injected deal.

Robbie Racer
    Make sure it's set up for running on gas and not alcohol. I switched over from a standard 14-71 to a 14-71 hi-helix last year. We seized the rotors up on the dyno because they were set up for running on alcohol (which runs a lot cooler than gas). Kuhl then put new rotors in it and spaced the rotors out more to allow for the heat expansion for running with gas and it has run fine since then. I just had TBS refreshen the blower after about 75 hours of use on it.
    Keith

hulshot
    Hey Keith it is about time you posted somthing. I feel the hi helix will not give you the performance over a standard open blower that you might think. It may not be worth the money spent on it. this is only on a lake boat with pump gas or slightly better.
    think of the fuel delivery. delta shape forcing everything to the front of the blower and manifold??? works good with port nozzles..
    ask someone who has done it and see if the power was more or less after they switched to a hi helix and after ading more to the motor for more power? :idea:

Robbie Racer
    Hey Keith it is about time you posted somthing. I feel the hi helix will not give you the performance over a standard open blower that you might think. It may not be worth the money spent on it. this is only on a lake boat with pump gas or slightly better.
    think of the fuel delivery. delta shape forcing everything to the front of the blower and manifold??? works good with port nozzles..
    ask someone who has done it and see if the power was more or less after they switched to a hi helix and after ading more to the motor for more power? :idea:
    Howdy Don. In my opinion, you are right on about it being a waste of money to switch over to a hi-helix for a pump gas lake boat application. I got exactly the same boost per amount of overdrive with the hi-helix that I did with my standard 14-71.

Squirtin Thunder
    Is anyone running a Hi-Helix on their lake/river boat? Would there be any big issues running a Hi-helix blower on something other than a race only deal.You just don't hear people talk about running them anywhere other than the track.
    Anything this guy says is bullshit !!!!