Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So I finally sold the old boat - strange story

diggler
    I had that old 1972 Tahiti that I had spammed about a month ago. Well, I ended up putting it on E-Bay. It sold for about what I wanted, but the winner was from Arkansas. Yesterday, he flew in with his wife (about 2000 miles) from Arkansas. I guess he left at 4AM, then arrived at my house with his wife around 1PM. After inspecting it, he then took his rented Trailblazer and started towing home.
    Hopefully, their drive will be safe. I just can't imagine flying across the country for a $4,000 boat. Weird eh?

Havasu Hangin'
    Thanks to Southwest, plane fare is cheap these days. I bet he paid a couple hundred bucks for the plane fare, and a couple days rental on the truck (they'll let you drop it off anywhere).
    I'd probably do the same if I found something I really wanted.
    It's a small world after all...

ratso
    I had that old 1972 Tahiti that I had spammed about a month ago. Well, I ended up putting it on E-Bay. It sold for about what I wanted, but the winner was from Arkansas. Yesterday, he flew in with his wife (about 2000 miles) from Arkansas. I guess he left at 4AM, then arrived at my house with his wife around 1PM. After inspecting it, he then took his rented Trailblazer and started towing home.
    Hopefully, their drive will be safe. I just can't imagine flying across the country for a $4,000 boat. Weird eh?
    I've come across a lot of strange people off of e-bay...

DansBlown73Nordic
    Strange people on E-Bay. I had a guy show up to pick up a used Mercruiser motor with a Volvo station wagon....He put the old greasy motor in the back of the car.....It was a 2004 Volvo.... :sqeyes:

78Eliminator
    When I was selling my boat, I had a guy from Michigan calling me once a day, every day for two months saying he was buying the boat, and he almost had the money.
    He never came up with the money.

phebus
    When I was selling my boat, I had a guy from Michigan calling me once a day, every day for two months saying he was buying the boat, and he almost had the money.
    He never came up with the money.
    When he got his phone bill, he couldn't afford the boat.

diggler
    One of the weird things this guy from Arkansas wanted, was for me to cancel the auction (after I already had a high bidder), and just sell it to him outright. Of course, I told him I couldn't do that. Well, he has his boat like he wanted.
    Any other weird ebay stories?

LUVNLIFE
    Maybe those 72 Tahitis are next big thing to have You are right though that does seem like a lot of trouble for that style. Not saying anything bad about your boat but he should have been able to find something closer

DansBlown73Nordic
    Now if it was a V-Drive I could see it.... :boxingguy

diggler
    Maybe those 72 Tahitis are next big thing to have You are right though that does seem like a lot of trouble for that style. Not saying anything bad about your boat but he should have been able to find something closer
    I hear you.... this old boat is a dime a dozen out here. However, the guy was telling me there was nothing like it out there. But,,... I know Texas has a ton of these types of boats.
    No offense taken on the boat though.... after all, it is over 30 years old...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast