Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We may be parents soon!!!

IN2-IN2MX
    Mike and I were driving down the street today and saw some dude with a bunch of puppies on the sidewalk. We stopped and fell in love with those little guys!!!
    He had a cute black and white chihuahua, an off-white chihuahua mix, a maltese and a toy poodle. He was selling them for $300 each. We almost got the black and white one but they didn't have papers or anything so... :frown: Now we can't stop thinking of getting a little guy (puppy).
    Anyone's doggies having pups soon? :shift:

bunny 166
    OK, that was not fair missy!!!...j/k I hope you get a cute one... :rollside: :rollside:

IN2-IN2MX
    OK, that was not fair missy!!!...j/k I hope you get a cute one... :rollside: :rollside:
    Thanks!
    You guys are home already? Did you have fun?

Boatcop
    Puppies are cute, but I wonder why he had a mixed batch of unrelated breeds, and where he got them. Seems a little odd. Dog thefts are becoming a big industry, especially for popular breed puppiess
    If you really want a puppy, and aren't particular on the breed, hit up the local ASPCA or Pound.
    If you want a pure-bred, DON'T BUY FROM A PET STORE! Most pet store puppies are overpriced and obtained from a puppy-mill. Even though they may have papers, there's no guarantee that the lineage is correct. Puppy Mills often just grab random parents and register the litter, no matter who the actual parents are.
    I was browsing a Pet Store in a Phoenix mall, and they had a "Blood Hound" for sale. $800, marked down from $1,000. Definitely over priced (Blood pups can be had for around $500), and the worst thing was, it was a Black and Tan Coonhound, and not a Blood. Didn't even look like a bloodhound. And after the escapades with mine, I definitely know a bloodhound when I see one.
    Buy a purebred from a reputable breeder, or if you don't mind an older dog, contact a rescue foundation for the breed you're interested in. Just do a Google search on the breed name and the word "rescue", and you'll find what you're looking for.

IN2-IN2MX
    Puppies are cute, but I wonder why he had a mixed batch of unrelated breeds, and where he got them. Seems a little odd. Dog thefts are becoming a big industry, especially for popular breed puppiess
    If you really want a puppy, and aren't particular on the breed, hit up the local ASPCA or Pound.
    If you want a pure-bred, DON'T BUY FROM A PET STORE! Most pet store puppies are overpriced and obtained from a puppy-mill. Even though they may have papers, there's no guarantee that the lineage is correct. Puppy Mills often just grab random parents and register the litter, no matter who the actual parents are.
    I was browsing a Pet Store in a Phoenix mall, and they had a "Blood Hound" for sale. $800, marked down from $1,000. Definitely over priced (Blood pups can be had for around $500), and the worst thing was, it was a Black and Tan Coonhound, and not a Blood. Didn't even look like a bloodhound. And after the escapades with mine, I definitely know a bloodhound when I see one.
    Buy a purebred from a reputable breeder, or if you don't mind an older dog, contact a rescue foundation for the breed you're interested in. Just do a Google search on the breed name and the word "rescue", and you'll find what you're looking for.
    Thank you. Good advice. I actually called the Castaic Animal Shelter about 2 hours ago but they only have older dogs. I know older dogs need love too so I feel guilty saying this but I think I want a baby.
    Yeah, we wondered why he had so many different kinds of puppies. The off-white one had a really swollen stomach and I asked him why. He said that she eats a lot but we didn't know if he was lying.
    Thanks again.

bunny 166
    killer said it cant be a river baby, cuz you two never go to the river, Is he being mean again.... :2purples:

bunny 166
    Thanks!
    You guys are home already? Did you have fun?
    Had a nice time--we missed you!! How are you guys doing today?? :wink: :wink:

Kilrtoy
    killer said it cant be a river baby, cuz you two never go to the river, Is he being mean again.... :2purples:
    I never said that, i said they need a bigger boat

IN2-IN2MX
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. We go but 1/2 the time he doesn't like who we bring so we aren't allowed around. :shift: (that was me being mean right back :hammer2: ). That's ok, he knows I still love him.

IN2-IN2MX
    Had a nice time--we missed you!! How are you guys doing today?? :wink: :wink:
    We're ok. Mike is sleeping again...he worked all night, slept like 2 hours, took me to lunch and to run Xmas errands and then fell asleep again. We wanted to meet up with you guys but he was tired and not feeling 100%. Next time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast