Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Satellite Radio

Coach
    How many of you have Satellite radio for your car and move it over to your boat? How do you like it. Everyone I have talked to loves having the satellite radio, but don't know anyone who has the reciever you can move from your car to your boat.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    i have it in my Denali and wish i could have it everywhere--house, boat, other car, etc. It is killer. The only problem, and it's like having sattelite TV, is that there are too many options. if you don't like the song thats playing, you could spend 5 minutes scrolling through all the channels until you find something you like.
    the comedy station may be my favorite.

MarkyMark
    I have the Sirius plug n play. I use it in the car, boat, and house it works great. Circuit City sells this nice suction cup mount that works great in the boat and the car.

Second "PLACE"
    Had XM installed in the new boat. Works great, and I can remove the faceplate/adapter and install it into my truck or home. Absoluotley awesome.

Raisin Wake
    i have the XM protable system. I use it in my car and in a boombox. I'm going to install a more permanent version in my boat. The portable is nice for some things, nut, I don't want the clutter of portable in my boat. As far as XM goes, I love it. I'm a big sports fan and XM has MLB, ESPN Radio, Pac-10 and Big-10 football and basketball. Sirius has the NFL, but, I'm usually watching it on my Direct TV...

riverbound
    I have XM in my cars and can transfer it to the boat. I love it but now that I have an Ipod I dont use the XM nearly as much.

wedge44
    Ok I have XM " Ready " Pioneer cd/wma/mp3 unit in boat and I would like too know what this " Ready" means what do I have to do too complete and also to play unit in my truck...I have f-350 with standard 6-pack cd unit with upgraded amp and speakers...any info from anyone would help .....wedge

Lady Rat Attack 1
    I have Sirius in my Blazer and I bought a boom box that can go anywhere. I absolutly love it. Bought my husband a docking port and he takes the peice out of the boombox and takes it to work with him. He drives truck and this keeps him entertained. I can not say enought about Sattelite radio. THE BEST

Raisin Wake
    Ok I have XM " Ready " Pioneer cd/wma/mp3 unit in boat and I would like too know what this " Ready" means what do I have to do too complete and also to play unit in my truck...I have f-350 with standard 6-pack cd unit with upgraded amp and speakers...any info from anyone would help .....wedge
    For your boat, all you need to do is spend $100 at Best Buy on a Terk Universal XM reciever and the connection cable to connect to your specific stereo.
    Terk Adaptor Kit (http://www.xmradio.com/xm_direct/aftermarket.jsp)
    As for moving it to your truck, the above solution is not very portable. I went with the XM SkyFi Kit (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=2620415) from Walmart. I also got the boombox that I use in the house or in the garage. You could use the SkyFi in your boat, but, it won't hook directly to your stereo.

summerlove
    i have the XM protable system. I use it in my car and in a boombox. I'm going to install a more permanent version in my boat.
    I have a permanent mount in the car, but use the above set up for the boat and the boombox. I want to get the new MiFi XM, just a little too pricey at 349 each. XM is awesome. It's like sex, once you've tried it you'll want more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast