Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Race Boat

Leon
    Lightining asked to make a new topic to continue the discussion on the member's raceboat. Jim I think you are correct. $4000 won't even buy the man a new blower, and a blower isn't going to shave 3.5 seconds of elapsed time in a car, and probably not a boat either. As I read the DRAGSTER it would take about $20,000 to buy a motor from Shafiroff or Reher Morrison or Schmidt that might make the ponies to go 10 seconds in this boat. I think 72 mph on a cam with 3 lobes is pretty impressive though. But when you say you are going to shave 4 seconds(13-9)throught the season, that is like going from SuperComp to Top Fuel in one year and $4000 just aint gonna do it.

Slow Boat 001
    Slow Boat 001
    Member posted July 11, 2001 10:10 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As I can see it look`s like there are a lot of "Want to be`s" in here...When you show up at a race call my # and I`ll be at the rope looking for you. As I can see most of you don`t even know how Drag Boat Racing is done like I said (Most)Some of you do but most dont!
    As far as Drag Boat Review
    1.JIM you said
    "I just got my national dragboat review, it has all the points for Div. 1 Div. 2 and Div. 3 your boat number or name is not even listed at all in the 12. second class witch you said you were high points."
    DBR is an IHBA mag (NOT) NDBA but you knew that right, your a big racer and all. As far as IHBA review the ladie that owns that mag is a NDBA traider. She was on the board for SDBA for 10 years, that is how she got her start.The mag was about Boat racing not just IHBA, it had all the racing org`s in it tell this year. IHBA told her that if she put one thing in her mag about SLDBA,CSDBA,SDBA,NDBA that they would pull the plug on her and her ads that are in her mag. So now the mag is called IHBA DBR.Money makes people shit on their friends.
    2."I NEVER said I was #1" or "high points" I did say that "I was #2 in points" #1 has 1020. I have 890. learn how to read!
    3.LEON shut up fool.The boat ran 75.01 at 13.448 (NOT) 72 at 13.40 Stick with the CAR`s...lol..next time read what was posted fool.
    LEON..you posted
    "It sounds to me like the points thing is out the window. This program is going in reverse, 12.0 to 12.5 to 13.4 where next? June 15th, 2001
    "We have had it in the 13`s Sec and in the 12`s Sec. This race I want it in the 11`s Sec or the 10`s Sec. By the end of the year it should be in the 9.0`s."
    LEON..If you can read go look around and see if you can find where "I" Said that my NEW motor was NOT done yet.I will never get it in the 9.0`s with the old motor.It takes about 900hp to put a jet boat in the 9.`s I only had about 650hp with the old motor before the cam went bad. I put new aluminum heads on before this race in hopes to get about 100 more hp. If you go to my web page you will see I HAVE A RACE BOAT. Solw or fast but I have one. How many of these other people on he do? I think about 4 maybe 5 tops. They dont post they just read.I wonder why?
    4. HB yes I was #5 out of 13 on the rope sunday the guy that took the win was #4 and he is the one that is 1st in points.So in short The 4th spot got 1st.HB I dont think I have ever seen you on a holding rope yet . What`s up with that?
    5.you pepole crack me up with your shit You know I have never seen one of you at a boat race yet,So in short tell you have the balls to put your 100mph boats on the rope don`t talk like you know something about what you know nouthing about.We dont use GPS mph`s at the races
    I find it funny that a (real) boat racer (Jmart) his cousin is Jeff Marten, jmart asked me how things went and then all of you want to be`s come and posted like a bunch of tard`s. This forum is to much for me I`m out of here.
    See you all later.
    [This message has been edited by Slow Boat 001 (edited July 11, 2001).]

Slow Boat 001
    LEON.. I went from 16.53 @ 65.34mph to 76mph @13.0 last year in my old boat so its not that hard to do. I dont think I ever said BLOWER did I? If you pepole only knew 1/2 of what you thought you knew it would be more fun to post here. So I`m out of this forum.....
    OH yea I better say why I put up this post. When I put the last post up in the old topic the new topic had just been made so I moved it here and that`s why i`m putting one more post in. have fun with that one!

LS7
    Slowbaot, your comment.
    "It takes about 900hp to put a jet boat in the 9.`s"
    This statement of your is only true, if the boat is a barge, or very ineffeciet or maybe a HYDRO.
    Since your the now the RACE GURU here, lets here of some boats with about 900hp and only making into the 9's?
    LS
    [This message has been edited by LS7 (edited July 11, 2001).]

Leon
    Ok Son it ran 75mph at 13.4. That validates my point even further. The previous statement was ya'll was running in the 12.0 at 80 mph. Why is is stil going almost 80 mph but 1.5 seconds down on the elapsed time? That's all i was trying to figure out. On the 15th of July you said at the next race you was fixing to run 11 seconds. but it went 13.4 seconds. That's why I am confused. Don't take it personal son, but it just aint making much sense to this old boy.

mister460
    Right on Leon!! I was thinking the same thing about his posted speeds. It just proves your point even more that there's something wrong if you're running 13.4@75 but a few days ago you were running 12something@80. And I can make a 20 second car into a 16 second car for next to nothing. But turning a 13 sec into a 9sec is gonna take cubic dollars! I'm pretty sure the same applys to boats.

Slow Boat 001
    LEON read my post !!!!!!!!!!!!! THE CAM WAS BAD.....THE AIR WAS BAD.... I DIDN`T GET TO PUT OUR NEW MOTOR IN BECAUSE THE BLOCK WORK WAS NOT DONE..THE BOAT WAS RUNNING IN THE MID 80`S THAT WOULD PUT THIS BOAT IN THE MID 12.`S...OK.... DID YOU GET THAT ONE THAT TIME? I NEVER SAID THE BOAT WOULD RUN 80 @ 12.0 .....READ..... THEN RUN YOUR MOUTH, DAD..DAD A JET HAS ONE OF THE BEST HOLE SHOTS IN BOAT RACING. IF YOU HIT THE LINE AT A FAST SPEED YOU CAN GET A BETTER ET . THIS IS NOT DRAG CAR`S. DAD.... WHEN YOU ARE DOWN ON POWER YOU DONT HAVE A GOOD HOLE SHOT SO YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT UP DOWN TRACK SOME WHERE.
    THUS BAD CAM BAD HOLE SHOT GET THE PIC DAD?
    YOU SHOW ME A DRAG CAR THAT CAN RUN THEIR #`S AFTER 3CYL. GO DOWN..YOU BEING A CAR RACER YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT A BAD CYL DOES TO HP.DO THE MATH THAT YOUR ARE SO GOOD AT AND TELL ME WHAT I HAD FOR HP.
    THAT IS 81.25 HP PER CYL= 650HP - 3 CYL = 243.75 LOSS, SO WE HAVE 650-243.75= 406.25. NOW KEEP IN MIND THEY WENT (TOTAL DEAD) CYL`S BUT THEY DIDN`T HELP OUT MUCH. IT TAKES HP TO MOVE A BAD HOLE SO TELL ME WHAT I HAD FOR HP.
    LS7....#429 MIKE STUCKY CSDBA HIGH POINTS CHAMP FOR 2000 HAS 850HP THAT RAN ABOUT (10) 10.01`S THAT I SAW HIM RUN LAST YEAR.
    HE NOW HAS A 450HP NOS KIT ON IT TO RUN IN THE 9`S. HIS BEST RUN THIS WEEKEND WAS 9.485 AND HE HAD A MELT DOWN BECAUSE OF THE BAD AIR WE HAD.
    BOTTOM LINE ...TO MAKE A JET RUN WITH THE PROP BOATS IT TAKES ABOUT 35% MORE HP ON A JET. BUT YOU KNOW EVERY THING DONT YOU?

mister460
    Whoa, didn't mean to upset you dude. I know it's not cars, I was just making a comparison. And no, I don't want to race. Yet. I don't think my 19' Hawaiian would even run a 17 right now. But the girls sure like going for rides. And I thought your last post was gonna be your LAST post. Just kiddin' man, don't get mad. Just pokin' some fun. Meanwhile, keep the boats fast, the women hot and the beer cold!

RiverDave
    I've heard these conversations before. At the drag strip. If you good ole boys can't spit and make up, then you are no better then all the people talking about the "cars they used to have." Bottom line is I'll blow all y'all in the weeds. http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/foru...es/happy04.gif So why don't we just relax and have a moment of Zen, before Riverhed, finds out that there is something he can stir up!!!
    RiverDave

LS7
    Slow baot This is graet stuff you stated here
    "....#429 MIKE STUCKY CSDBA HIGH POINTS CHAMP FOR 2000 HAS 850HP THAT RAN ABOUT (10) 10.01`S THAT I SAW HIM RUN LAST YEAR.
    HE NOW HAS A 450HP NOS KIT ON IT TO RUN IN THE 9`S. HIS BEST RUN THIS WEEKEND WAS 9.485 AND HE HAD A MELT DOWN BECAUSE OF THE BAD AIR WE HAD."
    He has 1300HP and is running 9.5's, that is impressive.
    I know a couple of jets with less power probably around 1250hp running 7.40-7.70's at 130+ mph.
    Is everybody back there racing HYDRO's?
    LS

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast