Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Daughter's boyfriend

v-drive
    Last night at dinner my daughter's boyfriend started speaking loudly to her . I have noticed in the past that he does this but last night he tried to include me to stick up for him.When I wouldn't he dismissed me and started on her again. I didn't say anything I just got up and kind of (Loudly) set my plate down on our counter and went into our room to blow off my anger. the wife walked in and asked if I was allright and if he had just gone to far with his big mouth. I said I was fine and that yes he had and I was tired of it. This morning my wife or daughter will not speak to me. I think they are expecting me to apologize to him. Sdould I? v-drive

Jetdriver
    Dont you dare! They will both get over it. Your right and they will see that! Stick to your guns Daddy!

Mrs.Racer277
    I think you are just being a loving, caring father. I do not see what you did wrong.

dmontzsta
    They were in your house, to me he disrespected you and especially your daughter in front of her parents. That is just wrong, he should stay on his best behavior in a situation like that.

superdave013
    Hey, I'm married and I'll tell ya what. If I ever give my wife a piece of my mind it damn sure won't be in front of her mother or farther.
    It's called respect! (and I don't want to get my ass kicked by her in front of the inlaws) lol

JetBoatRich
    You were totally in the right :hammerhea A good talk to him is in order :2purples:
    Just curious, how old is your Daughter and Boyfriend.
    WE had a wierd with my Daughter's BF.........

FMluvswater
    From what you've said you have no apologies to make. You didn't cause the scene or fuss. You did the right things. I'd even say you might tell your daughter what about his behavior upset you and that it should upset her too. A raised voice is not a sign of healthy communication. Just my .02.

mike37
    Last night at dinner my daughter's boyfriend started speaking loudly to her . I have noticed in the past that he does this but last night he tried to include me to stick up for him.When I wouldn't he dismissed me and started on her again. I didn't say anything I just got up and kind of (Loudly) set my plate down on our counter and went into our room to blow off my anger. the wife walked in and asked if I was allright and if he had just gone to far with his big mouth. I said I was fine and that yes he had and I was tired of it. This morning my wife or daughter will not speak to me. I think they are expecting me to apologize to him. Sdould I? v-drive
    it may be just his personality raising his voice in debate no harm there
    but it sound like something different by your reaction
    so im going to say you're right on this one

coolchange
    If thats what happens in front of you...

wsuwrhr
    If thats what happens in front of you...
    That is exactly what I was thinking.
    What does your daughter say?
    Brian
    How old are they?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast