Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ski bums...

BADBLOWN572
    Like I said earler, I have been skiing since 4. I started to wakeboard about 15 years old and now I do both. I guess I am kind of spoiled and I don't enjoy skiing on anything other than glass anymore. Wakeboarding fine, but skiing no. However, if the water is nice, you will never catch me on a wakeboard. Break out the slalom ski and let me go. Cant think of a much better day than 105 degrees, glass and a slalom ski.

Sleek-Jet
    Lake Powell baby..... yeah.....
    We used to have some pretty secluded canyons staked out that were we could ski on glass all day.... to bad they are all out of the water right now.
    I really hope it starts snowing more....
    Dog house, how far up Lake is that?? Above Halls/ below Good Hope, or is that down on the San Juan arm??

DogHouse
    That's 5 or 10 miles up the San Juan arm. That's usually where we go for good ski water, pretty much any time of day unless there's a storm.
    So do you go to Apache much? That seems to be where a lot of Tucson boaters like to go. We're out there several weekends each summer.
    -brian

Sleek-Jet
    That's 5 or 10 miles up the San Juan arm. That's usually where we go for good ski water, pretty much any time of day unless there's a storm.
    So do you go to Apache much? That seems to be where a lot of Tucson boaters like to go. We're out there several weekends each summer.
    -brian
    I've never been to Apache... yet. I just moved down here last spring and the boat has been broke. Working on an engine for this year though, and I plan on making Apache a regular hang out.

DogHouse
    Here's some of our typical Apache crew. Stop by and say hello if you see us next summer!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../313boats1.jpg
    BTW, a lot of us think that Larry's Engine down on Lester is the place to go in Tucson for engine related work in case you don't have a favorite shop yet and need machine work done for your project.
    -brian

Sleek-Jet
    BTW, a lot of us think that Larry's Engine down on Lester is the place to go in Tucson for engine related work in case you don't have a favorite shop yet and need machine work done for your project.
    -brian
    I've heard that...
    My block is down there right now getting machined, I've also have one of his engines in my Cutlass as well.
    I'll be sure to stop by and say Hi if I see you guys up there.

h2oski2fast
    I've been known to ski a bit. Glassy water gets boring, give me some bumps! Bumps=Air!!!!
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...achmentid=8775
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...achmentid=8776

HM
    Water skiing is boring, Grandpa. :boxed:

riverbound
    I have done it all from slalom to tricks. I have evn tried speed skiing. But lately I have been more into the airchair, mainly because it is too dificult to find glass on parker anymore and the airchair is not affected by chop.

Up 4 River
    I just got back from a couple weeks of vacation and saw this new forum and have to say I'm excited to see it. Maybe some of us can use this to get together for some ski sessions locally as well as the river. I'm a skiier at heart, but will get out on the wakeboard every now and then for fun when my buddies have their wakeboard boat out. Here's a picture of me skiing last year.
    U4R

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast