Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 514 kits

HOSS
    Who has the cheapest 514 kits for sale. I thought they use to sell for around 650. I see them for 1200.

esabataj
    Hey Hoss,
    The Mustang Depot on Ebay has the cheapest at $1199.00. Okie Dave has built 3 motors with them and no problems so far.

Squirtin Thunder
    Hey Hoss,
    The Mustang Depot on Ebay has the cheapest at $1199.00. Okie Dave has built 3 motors with them and no problems so far.
    Also for $150 more Dyna Flow in Los Vegas !!!!

HOSS
    Yeah, I saw them already. Man, they went up over the last 5 years. WTF

AzMandella
    Don't know what parts come with the kits the others listed but Ohio Crank has one that runs 1500.00$ but has new crank,h-beam rods,JE or SRP pistons,Clevite H series bearings and speedpro rings and comes balanced.Thats pretty cheap for top notch parts.

Kindsvater Flat
    Also for $150 more Dyna Flow in Los Vegas !!!!
    Don't get me started on them.

HOSS
    Don't know what parts come with the kits the others listed but Ohio Crank has one that runs 1500.00$ but has new crank,h-beam rods,JE or SRP pistons,Clevite H series bearings and speedpro rings and comes balanced.Thats pretty cheap for top notch parts.
    I do like that because I wanted to get a balanced kit. Add on shipping and zero gap rings and walla, 2k.

AzMandella
    Actually shipping was less than 100.00$ and shold only be 100.00$ or so for zero gap rings so the total would only be 1700.00$.Mine was 1800.00$ but I had custom JE pistons made to achieve the comp. ratio that I wanted.After looking at your original post in this thread,I'm guessing that it's been a long time since you ordered a rotating assebaly because a good set of JE,Ross,SRP,Crower,Weisco or any other top quality piston will run you at least 450.00$ a set.Also I wouldn't recomend using zero gap rings unless you are building a race only engine.Zero gap rings don't fare too well in engines that cruise alot.The top ring seals so well that the second ring doesn't get any preasure to seat.In doing so it is very hard on the lands on the ring groves on the piston and will wear the top ring groove.

Squirtin Thunder
    Don't get me started on them.
    They have changed the way they do things after they moved from Henderson to Vegas.
    I sugested them because they are closer incase they need an ass woopin.
    Jim

HOSS
    I`ve never heard that with zero gap rings. But nice to know.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast