Thread: Amp mounting

phebus
    I was just watching Pimp My Ride, and they took the backs off some amps, and then mounted the amps to a piece of plexiglass so the internals were visible and facing out when mounted. Looked sick.....

Havasu Hangin'
    Yep...then blow air through the case.
    phebus...should we "pimp your boat"?

riverbound
    The only down side of doing that is a lot of mfgs. will make it dificult to warranty the amps if their is any evidence of removing the amps. We use to take the backs of the older rockfords off and mount fans behind them blowing directly onto the circuit boards. This was especially helpful with the amps that overheating problems.

phebus
    Well, I've got Rockfords, and I've got theese cool looking fans, so if I mount the amps with the backs off, space them off the plexiglass enough that I could insert theese through holes cut in the front, I could be pimpin'.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1753orb1.jpg
    Open for suggestions, but I think I'll draw something up. Maybe frame the whole thing in with some blue surrounding neons.

ROZ
    You're only limited to your imagination.... then there's that money thing

phebus
    With tha amps mounted backwards, and the electronics exposed, it also makes for a good looking install when amps of different manufacturers are used (which I am not opposed to).

BoatFloating
    With tha amps mounted backwards, and the electronics exposed, it also makes for a good looking install when amps of different manufacturers are used (which I am not opposed to).
    I hope you can wire backwards.....
    :notam: That's for the black cowling remark there sparky.....

phebus
    I hope you can wire backwards.....
    :notam: That's for the black cowling remark there sparky.....
    I'm challenged wiring frontwards, so backwards should be easy!! And you know I'm just jealous of your system, sounds great!!

BoatFloating
    I'm challenged wiring frontwards, so backwards should be easy!! And you know I'm just jealous of your system, sounds great!!
    Thanks....... Just look in a mirror to wire it.....
    :squiggle:

phebus
    Going out early tomorrow to work on it. Same amps, but different, and more speakers. I've got it sounding really good now, time to cool it down and dress it up!!