Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tile help needed

I need to re-set some veritcal tiles on a built in BBQ unit. They are porcelain tiles. In terms of an adhesive, can someone recommend a pre-mixed product (smaller job)?
    Also, is there a difference between thin set and mastic? Is one preferred over the other for these vertical tiles that need a little more help in staying put?
    Thanks,....any help is appreciated....

College Fund
    If you only have a couple of tiles to fix you can us caulking. (silicone, liquid nails etc)

ROZ
    use versabond thinset. I don't know if it comes in a small bag or not..... I have a small amount left ina bag, should I fax it to you ?
    It's possible that home depot might have a quart container of premix thinset. I know they have it in a grout...

JB in so cal
    [QUOTE=ROZ]I don't know, but I think if you have a small bag,you may be able to go on OuColed's boat. I have a small pose going with me and he has no idea what I'm planning!! It's gonna be fun! :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

ROZ
    [QUOTE=ROZ]I don't know, but I think if you have a small bag,you may be able to go on OuColed's boat. I have a small pose going with me and he has no idea what I'm planning!! It's gonna be fun! :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
    What, you have the rest of the village people comming ? How you manage to get them away from RR's trailer?

JB in so cal
    What, you have the rest of the village people comming ? How you manage to get them away from RR's trailer?
    ...he's makin' eggs.!!

ROZ
    ...he's makin' eggs.!!
    Must have been along night over there.. He even made them breakfast!
    :supp:

Thanks Roz....I'll P/U the Versabond.
    Is there any difference between thinset and mastic??

ROZ
    Is there any difference between thinset and mastic??
    Yes I'd only use mastic indoors on a wall... not too good with water... Thinset will long outlast it..

cool, that is what I needed to know......
    Thanx, bro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast