Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Some Employees aren't too bright

BarryMac
    Today is the first day back for one of my employees after the Christmas break, in the employee handbook it clearly states that you have to work your scheduled day before and after the break in order to recieve Holiday Pay, this individual will not be recieving two paid Holiday's and I guarentee you they will bitch and complain about it. Just so you know they are a cronic abuser of the Companies generous PTO plan and I have been called on the carpet by this person stating I have a problem with there sexual preference (which I don't, couldn't care less), I am sure that it will turn into a discrimination deal before it is all said and done...
    thanks needed to vent to someone other than HR...

AzLakeLizard
    Most places of empoyment stick with that standard for Holiday Pay. When I worked Payroll for a hospital we posted up the rules by every time clock and in the breakrooms just to help drill it in! Still ended up with people griping BUT not to the extent we had in the ol days!

Lady Rat Attack 1
    I know excatly how you feel. I have a few employee's at my work that will do the same thing. Same at my work, you HAVE to work the day b-4 AND after a Hoilday in order to receive Holiday pay. They have worked here long enough to know better and still I have to go over it again and again :hammerhea

Sportin' Wood
    Title should read
    Most Employee's are not too bright
    I love rain Cry baby bitches did not want to work Monday Now they are screamming because I wont let them work with power tools in the rain. Dumb asses... One even told me " But I've got a family to feed!" My reply was simply. Did they not want to eat on Monday? Should be rainning all week Yee haa!
    Moooohhaaahhhaaa I feel just like scrooge today :eat:

LVJAKAZ
    The company I work for has the same rules about Holidays. One time i was sick after a Holiday (i really was sick) when i came in two days later I tolld my manager I knew about the rule and i wasnt expecting to be paid for the Holiday and she made a good judgement call and I was paid I think it helps that I dont take advantage

MsDrmr
    sounds typical, I have seen & heard about all that, just keep a record of his/her time off and when and if it ever comes up that they are filing a suite, your protected...

BarryMac
    The company I work for has the same rules about Holidays. One time i was sick after a Holiday (i really was sick) when i came in two days later I tolld my manager I knew about the rule and i wasnt expecting to be paid for the Holiday and she made a good judgement call and I was paid I think it helps that I dont take advantage
    Yeah, I would make sure this individual was paid if they didn't take advantage of the system, since they are abusers I don't feel compelled to help thm out. Am I an asshole or just being fair to those that abide by the rules???
    sounds typical, I have seen & heard about all that, just keep a record of his/her time off and when and if it ever comes up that they are filing a suite, your protected...
    I have been documenting, they has been out sick 8 times this year, too me that is a lot, the kicker is that the schedule that they work is a rotating schedule, three 12 hour days one week four the next, they actually end up working 60 less days in a year that a typical Monday thru Friday employee, saying taht they have abused the system and that pisses me off...

LVJAKAZ
    [QUOTE=gottajetboat]Yeah, I would make sure this individual was paid if they didn't take advantage of the system, since they are abusers I don't feel compelled to help thm out. Am I an asshole or just being fair to those that abide by the rules???
    You are only being fair to those that do follow the rules. I would piss me off if absusers got the same treatment. You are totally justified

RiverOtter
    Today is the first day back for one of my employees after the Christmas break, in the employee handbook it clearly states that you have to work your scheduled day before and after the break in order to recieve Holiday Pay, this individual will not be recieving two paid Holiday's and I guarentee you they will bitch and complain about it. Just so you know they are a cronic abuser of the Companies generous PTO plan and I have been called on the carpet by this person stating I have a problem with there sexual preference (which I don't, couldn't care less), I am sure that it will turn into a discrimination deal before it is all said and done...
    thanks needed to vent to someone other than HR...
    Hope ya got an EPLI policy.

BarryMac
    Hope ya got an EPLI policy.
    EPLI???

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast