Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for Marine Carpet!!

Sweet Addiction
    I have been looking all over and even called a few places, but all they have is 8' wide pieces. I need at least a 10' wide piece. If anyone can please let me know a good place that has good quality carpet and can ship within a reasonable amount of time please let me know.
    Will be back later to see what you guys come up with. Going to work on the boat.
    Thanks Jared.

BigDogIvan
    As far as I know you won't find it wider than 8'. Check your local
    upholstry supply places(real ones not hancock or the ladys sewing
    clubs) and ask them. Most of your auto upholstry shops supplyers
    have or know where you can get carpet. Good luck!!
    BD

Ziggy
    Believe it or not but Home Depot carries some decent grey carpet for that use....check it out and see if it will do what you want.

BigDogIvan
    Believe it or not but Home Depot carries some decent grey carpet for that use....check it out and see if it will do what you want.
    Just need to make sure it is mildew resistant. Same with any vynil used
    inside your boat.
    BD

coolchange
    Can't imagine you need a 10' piece, especialy if thats your boat in the pic. If you get one that wide ( it's available in the hi end carpet) you're gonna have to cut it anyway to go up the sides. Get the 6', do the floor, then the sides, and remember that it is directional.

Sweet Addiction
    Can't imagine you need a 10' piece, especialy if thats your boat in the pic. If you get one that wide ( it's available in the hi end carpet) you're gonna have to cut it anyway to go up the sides. Get the 6', do the floor, then the sides, and remember that it is directional.
    Well the piece that was in there was actually like 11' wide and long as the boat. But inorder to do the floor I took out a center section cut the carpet in half. I guess an 8' piece would work, I was just worried about it not going all the way up the sides of the boat like the old piece. I will do some measuring and see what I can come up with. If I have no luck I will go with the 8' wide piece and get it done.

Sweet Addiction
    Get the 6', do the floor, then the sides, and remember that it is directional.[/QUOTE]
    So I also thought I could section the carpet. with a 6'or 8' wide piece go from side to side with 10'. I think it should meet about my back seat and then lay another section after the first. Kinda of confusing but I don't think this method is very logical. Lots of waste I would think.

BigDogIvan
    Have any pic's of the inside so we can see what your dealing with?
    I have done upholstry and currently trying to get back into it.
    Between the few that have posted here may be able to give some hints. Just a thought.
    BD

Havasu Hangin'
    I got some from these guys before:
    L&L MARINE
    4572 E. EISENHOWER CR
    ANAHEIM CA 92807
    714-777-5505

Sweet Addiction
    Have any pic's of the inside so we can see what your dealing with?
    I have done upholstry and currently trying to get back into it.
    Between the few that have posted here may be able to give some hints. Just a thought.
    BD
    I could take a pic tomorrow. Its in pieces right now. I tore it apart thinking all I would have to replace was the floor and found some wrotten stringers. Damn I am so pissed!! But sure I will snap some pics of the old carpet laid out and the inside, and maybe some input will help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast