Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling Ty Newton

grumpy501
    Good news, there is a rumor that Ty has jumped ship and will be driving the 501 boat next year

sgdiv7
    Ray.....I had an interesting phone call from the engine builder of the SS-70 boat today ( Gordy). He said ( and i'm only repeating what he said to put out here to YOU) thats it's guys like you that spend more time on the computer picking ther A** instead of spending countless hours trying to get alittle more HP here and alittle more HP there and then get lapped by other boats that are even underclass men then what they've got out there on the race course that give the sport a bad name. He also said that the SS-70 has been torn down countless times this year because they are so fast. Now where do we go from here . Just the messenger "B"
    Torn down countless times??? WHEN??? I've been to several of the races just this past year and never saw anyone torn down. I definately would heard about it. All the "A" main boats are definately not built to the SS specs.... the "B" main boats are the legal guys out there and you'll notice they consistently get their asses handed to them. :argue:
    With Ty's non-legal Super Stock..... I'll put $20 on him.... Guru can't handle the corners and if a boat gets near him he freaks out and can't keep the boat in the water! :rollside:

superdave013
    Guru can't handle the corners and if a boat gets near him he freaks out and can't keep the boat in the water! :rollside:
    Are you sure he's not just trying to bunny hop the slow guy?? lol

uclahater
    I stand by my statement about wallet racing. It could be said I am envyous of those that have the wallets to compete with the best of the best equipment. That would be true. I still feel that boat racing shouldn't be decided with wallets. As far as lapped by underclassmen,(I guess he means SS ers), I think that only happened at Burley, although I'm not sure. I am well aware that the SS70 boat can, and has, beaten every Pro Stock boat at one time or another. And I've stated here several times that Tony and team better be on, cause Ty will be.....As far as the legality of the 70 engine(s), the rules have changed so much since SSRA started that I quite honestly don't know what is legal and what is not in SS racing. Faster hulls, thinner prop shafts, roller rockers, aftermarket heads, roller cam valve springs, are just some of the things that have changed a great deal. But, look at what started this thread to begin with! Ty, in the SS70 wanting to run with the Ks! Tony responding to that challenge with a BLOWN 500 incher, (or close). How can that 427, single 4 brl, flat tappet camshaft, outa the box headed, outa the box intake, coil powered ignition, etc, etc, actually hope to compete with the Ks that have hardly any engine restrictions, And be legal in Super Stock????? What are the horse power possibilities between those two engines? And if Ty can in fact run with the Ks, not necessarilly win, but be competitive, how can the SS er be a legal SS er? And if it is, then the K Guri ( is that plural for gurus), better go back to the drawing boards. Ty is not the only hauling SS er, several others are right there with him. Gordy, I meant nothing personal towards you, and if the occasion ever came that I had anything to say to you, or about you, you can bet it would be face to face in a respectable manner.........Ray
    Ray
    You flat out said that Pfaff, and Bud Gilbert were Cheating The kid called you out on it :jawdrop:
    Why is it that the top guys just cant get the credit they deserve for their time, expertise, and yes money they put into it
    I've watched Bill Faulkner, and Gordy for years, and IMO they are the 2 sharpest guys in the sport. Bill logs down tons of information, and keeps logs of everything they do I've watched every SS team out there, and none put the effort that they do.
    I believe that the results are from hard work, time, and yes money. They've paid their dues in this sport, and that is why their on top NOT BECAUSE OF CHEATING
    I've been at races where I've seen them tear them down, and measure for cubic inches. The tool was a big cylinder that I believe measured the size of the cylinders, but I could be wrong
    You have been called out by Billy B because of your comments made about him only doing short runs.
    You've been shut down by the King because you've insulted his business ethics.
    I would think being in racing, and having only a small budget, like myself that you would try to make as few enemies as possible.
    As I have prepared my boat Billy, Gordy, Faulkners, Newtons, and all the other racers have done nothing, but try to help me out in any way they could. I personally dont agree with you on one thing you've posted that has been negative, and if I were you Id be real careful about talking shit about engine builders that make their living off of what they do.
    Just my .02
    The Hater
    Jim Griffin
    P.S. Long Course = Tony Win
    Short Course = Ty win

uclahater
    Torn down countless times??? WHEN??? I've been to several of the races just this past year and never saw anyone torn down. I definately would heard about it. All the "A" main boats are definately not built to the SS specs.... the "B" main boats are the legal guys out there and you'll notice they consistently get their asses handed to them. :argue:
    With Ty's non-legal Super Stock..... I'll put $20 on him.... Guru can't handle the corners and if a boat gets near him he freaks out and can't keep the boat in the water! :rollside:
    What race were you at where someone was close to him :hammerhea In San Diego Tony manageed to take the win with a broken cavatation plate that wasnt discoverd till the second round at phoenix :argue: Thanks to Billy B it was fixed, and after that there was no one even close :220v: :crossx:
    Tony has had help from Gordy, Dave Rankin, Bubby Wilton, and Julian Pedingale. IM impressed with Tonys ability to apply what hes been taught by these guys in such a short time :wink:
    I'll match your 20, and the kids 1,000 on Tony on the long course :2purples: :2purples:
    Hater

CircleJerk
    Hey Jim, you been eating sweets lately? You've been so nice lately, is that a silicone job??? someone shot my rabbit with the ears.....
    Tony, you sure know how to stir up the gang (hornets)! This sure beats a trip to the cold shop! (better and better....)

lucky
    What race were you at where someone was close to him :hammerhea In San Diego Tony manageed to take the win with a broken cavatation plate that wasnt discoverd till the second round at phoenix :argue: Thanks to Billy B it was fixed, and after that there was no one even close :220v: :crossx:
    Tony has had help from Gordy, Dave Rankin, Bubby Wilton, and Julian Pedingale. IM impressed with Tonys ability to apply what hes been taught by these guys in such a short time :wink:
    I'll match your 20, and the kids 1,000 on Tony on the long course :2purples: :2purples:
    Hater
    where in the hell have you been ? tired of fockin with me lol

dossangers
    billy b. thanks for the post. I love the k boat
    against the ss boat. It would be a tough race with ty and tony, any of the
    other k boat guys would'nt have a chance. tony is the only guy that has heart to drive, he is fun to watch. maybe I and marlene will bring freedom
    out with ty so we can see a real k boat race with ty and tony. as for the money pit guy must be one of those pro stock guys that can't beat any of
    the super stock guys. We built a mild pro stock engine for burley with a bunch of old parts and we lapped everyone else in the class pitifull.
    the pro stock guys should fell lucky we don't race with them all the time because they would never make the podium.was as pitifull as the PHOENIX K race? i would like to see gordy back out with the 69 boat with the NEEDLES K-RACING ASSOCIATION."NKRA"

lucky
    ya know screw ya all - come on up to clearlake - i'll take ya - me and my partner -- toney - look and learn bro

NitroMan
    billy b. thanks for the post. I love the k boat
    against the ss boat. It would be a tough race with ty and tony, any of the
    other k boat guys would'nt have a chance. tony is the only guy that has heart to drive, he is fun to watch. maybe I and marlene will bring freedom
    out with ty so we can see a real k boat race with ty and tony. as for the money pit guy must be one of those pro stock guys that can't beat any of
    the super stock guys. We built a mild pro stock engine for burley with a bunch of old parts and we lapped everyone else in the class pitifull.
    the pro stock guys should fell lucky we don't race with them all the time because they would never make the podium.
    Wow, Duff Dailey posting on our boards! Welcome Duff! When did you buy freedom? I thought Samma Thompson owned that boat