Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks to My Man's Sportin' Wood.....

rrrr
    I got a PM from Angie today letting me know that ***boat had published some pics of our Howard in the CBBB article.
    Look on page 150 in the lower left corner, a good view of the original gelcoat and interior. The boat was built in the winter of '67-'68, and the upholstery still looks almost new.
    The boat was stored for over 20 years before we bought it from a guy in Lake Havasu City. I went through the '64 Holman-Moody 427 FE and just honed the cylinders and replaced the bearings. It's standard bore and all stock, including the two Holley 660 CFM carbs and Ford aluminum intake manifold.
    The Edelbrock motor mounts and exhaust logs are good period pieces, and the boat is almost exactly as it was when running on the Colorado in the 70's.
    The 1100 mile tow to CBBB was well worth it, we got to meet a bunch of good folks and also won the trophy for "Most Classic V-Drive".
    We plan to make the tow again next year, it was a bunch of fun with good peeps.....

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    I'm so glad to hear you guys are going to try to make it out again. You two are very cool people.
    Oh, yeah, and Jeff says, "Thanks for parking next to us so our boat could get in the magazine!"
    Get out your maginifying glass and you can see us on pag 148 (we're wearing cowboy hats)

rrrr
    I'm so glad to hear you guys are going to try to make it out again. You two are very cool people.
    Oh, yeah, and Jeff says, "Thanks for parking next to us so our boat could get in the magazine!"
    Get out your maginifying glass and you can see us on pag 148 (we're wearing cowboy hats)
    LMAO, Fonda saw that page and spotted me in front of your boat with (quoting) that stupid fishing hat and beer belly....
    Uh, whatever it takes.....
    Hey, BTW, Fonda wanted me to say hi to you guys, she said that next time we'll have even more fun.....

Mrs CP 19
    Okay, now I have to pull out the mag and check this out. I know we are mid page 149 sitting in the boat. Well, my back and Jim profile (sort of) But the boat looks nice!

Mrs CP 19
    Are you guys kind of in the middle? boats on beach, you are toward the rear of boat?

rrrr
    And just for fun....
    Here's a photo of my boat in a 1973 National Geographic article about the Colorado River. How many boats get pics in a magazine 32 years apart??
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ngscan-med.jpg

Performance 19
    Now that is very cool!!

Beautiful Noise
    Thats Echo Lodge across the River,They are jumping off the Rock just up river from the Sundance
    And just for fun....
    Here's a photo of my boat in a 1973 National Geographic article about the Colorado River. How many boats get pics in a magazine 32 years apart??
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ngscan-med.jpg

BarryMac
    I went to Barnes and Nobles the other night to buy the magazine becasue the Sportin Woods boat is in there, they haven't put it out yet, now I'm gonna definetly have to get it, the sportin woods and rrrr in the rag, congrats to you both...

dmontzsta
    Dang, I thought you knew about it? Sitting right next to "you know who" cant wait to see you two kids out there next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast