Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playcraft Powertoon X-Treme???

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    I have heard the 496 option on the Playcraft limits room in the engine compartment but I have not heard the motor had to be pulled to change the plugs. I will have to ask about that.
    Bennington's seem to be very nice but I want a little more speed. They are quoting me 60 mph with the 496 HO and 53 mph with the 350 Mag. I don't know if the $$$ is worth the extra 7 mph in a pontoon boat. Looking for people that have been in both to weigh in on that as well.
    well save the cash and put it into a BAD AZZ STEREO, it's a pontoon, made to party not speed. I'm going to get a 28 footer with a 350 mag, so what if its slow but the party, room, drinks, party, BBQ and did I say party will still be going on at 40 Mph

andy01
    I have driven a Playcraft with the 496 a couple of times. It is the only way to go in my book, with a pontoon. This was last summer with a year old boat. The boat drove real nice and actually took off pretty quick, the speedo read right at 60 with 4 in Parker. Very nice boat all the way around.
    Andy

andy01
    Oh yeah, it also had the silent choice for exhaust. I must say it was pretty cool driving a pontoon boat with open exhaust out the back at speed.
    Andy

BoatPI
    Pontoon's are usually always on plane, so I would not worry about that. I have heard that you can save maybe 5G by purchasing it from a deler in say Texas, or NM. Gaines has a real market in LHC, so check for dealers on the net and call them. The big thing about the extreme is the white powder coated rails, that is a huge plus.

havalen
    well save the cash and put it into a BAD AZZ STEREO, it's a pontoon, made to party not speed. I'm going to get a 28 footer with a 350 mag, so what if its slow but the party, room, drinks, party, BBQ and did I say party will still be going on at 40 Mph
    yeah what mel sade see ya out there in our new toon

1Bahnerjet
    does driving a Pontoon boat 60mph even make sense
    might blow the fire out in the bbq...

TCHB
    I have a Bennington 25ft tripple toon with a 225 Honda Four Stroke on the back and will run close to 50 on a speedo. The boat is rock solid and runs over heavy water with ease. Good Luck in your boat shopping.

uncle larry
    last playcraft regatta they owner of playcraft brought out a 32' long 10' wide with twins.. did a little over 70mph and hit around 65mph with 13 people on board............

dicudmore
    does driving a Pontoon boat 60mph even make sense
    might blow the fire out in the bbq...
    That's what I'm saying
    Of course my 24' Sun-Tracker might touch 20 on its best day (60HP outboard)

syke-o
    so whats the price on these floating party barges???? like the playcraft with the HO.. whats that going for??
    you got me thinking now!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast