Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playcraft Powertoon X-Treme???

RiverDave
    so whats the price on these floating party barges???? like the playcraft with the HO.. whats that going for??
    you got me thinking now!!
    About 2 22' Lasers..
    Seriously though, fully loaded with an HO I think they are 55 - 60 grand? (pretty pricey, but they are bad ass)
    RD

syke-o
    About 2 22' Lasers..
    Seriously though, fully loaded with an HO I think they are 55 - 60 grand? (pretty pricey, but they are bad ass)
    RD
    ya a bit pricey... it seems like a good alternative to a deck boat though.... and ya i could have 2 of my laser's for one of those
    i will stick it out with the little laser for another summer or 2 i think...

TCHB
    The Bennington and Playcraft are pretty close to the same price. They are right at the $50K mark with the small blocks or a Honda 225 on the back. I looked at all the tri toons and went with the Bennington.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    The Bennington and Playcraft are pretty close to the same price. They are right at the $50K mark with the small blocks or a Honda 225 on the back. I looked at all the tri toons and went with the Bennington.
    good man so will I

bohica
    Chris,
    I have a buddy that bought the 2nd Playcraft Extreme with the 496 in it last year. Let me know if you want his number to get some info on the boat. He loves it. I almost bought one until the test ride. Got passed by a Wave runner and that was the deciding factor. Had to go with the Conquest.

Havasu Cig
    Thanks for the offer, I might take you up on it...
    The Conquest is definitely an awesome boat but I don't want any fiberglass to worry about.

havasulew
    Just saw retail numbers for 27' Powertoon with 496 mag---$70K plus trailer, frt and rig. Real money probably between $60K and $65K plus tax and license.
    Powertoon 32' with twin 496---$120K plus trailer, frt and rig. Real money between $105K and $110K plus tax and license.
    Here's my question---How many people are willing to spend that kind of money for a pontoon boat? If there is a big enough market then Bennington and JC Mfg would be willing to build.

Thunderbutt
    If I were you I go to a glass deckboat. (Conquest) I live at LOTO where there are thousands of pontoon boats. I owned a tri-log pontoon and sold it and bought a Warlock deckboat. It rides so much better then the pontoon because it is heaver,(we have heavy water) and it is faster. I've run against the playcraft and bet them every time. My boat only goes 60. (for now).

Havasu Cig
    I hear what you are saying but I am going to a pontoon because I want less to worry about. I can beach it anywhere, load it up with people whatever and don't have to worry about chipping fiberglass. I am not selling the Cig so It will be a second boat.
    I just need something a little easier that takes less of my time so I can make more trips to Havasu. As it stands right now my trips are limited because I don't have the time to spend on taking care of the boat, and I refuse to let it sit dirty after a trip. :wink:

hot_diggity_dog
    I hear what you are saying but I am going to a pontoon because I want less to worry about. I can beach it anywhere, load it up with people whatever and don't have to worry about chipping fiberglass. I am not selling the Cig so It will be a second boat.
    I just need something a little easier that takes less of my time so I can make more trips to Havasu. As it stands right now my trips are limited because I don't have the time to spend on taking care of the boat, and I refuse to let it sit dirty after a trip. :wink:
    Cheetah! :wink:
    HDD

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast