Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Playcraft Powertoon X-Treme???

Phil
    If I were you I go to a glass deckboat. (Conquest) I live at LOTO where there are thousands of pontoon boats. I owned a tri-log pontoon and sold it and bought a Warlock deckboat. It rides so much better then the pontoon because it is heaver,(we have heavy water) and it is faster. I've run against the playcraft and bet them every time. My boat only goes 60. (for now).You say, "It rides so much better then the pontoon because it is heaver..." That is bullsh*t!

Trailer Park Casanova
    We watch pontoon boats all day long in the ambition of eventually having one in addition to our performance and wakeboard boats.
    Seems only a few tri/pontoon boats sit level in the water when not underway.
    Some seem to be drastically sinking in the aft section just floating there. Then, underway, the aft section of the boat seems to be submerged making the driver of the boat look like a weinie.
    The whole sinking appearing set up looks like crap. Ridiculous.
    Some tri/pontoon brands sit level at anchor, and just a small rise in the "bow" when underway which seems the smart starting point for choice.
    Not knocking any particular brand, but some lines seem to be overall thought out better than others.

MudPumper
    You say, "It rides so much better then the pontoon because it is heaver..." That is bullsh*t!
    Wow, nothing like bringing back a 7 month old, dead thread, to make an entrance.

Eliminator 4 Life
    Just wanted to let you guys know Im a Playcraft and a JC dealer

Todd969
    I have a JC 266 and love it. HipCash on the boards just got a 27 extreme with a 496 and it is very nice also. Unleashed (Deano) also has a 25' Bennington. I've seen a huge increase of toons this year and most of the people we've talked too all say it's the best thing they've done boating wise.
    Remember: when buying a pontoon it's about relaxing and having fun, not going 65mph.

havasu haulin
    Gaines marine in havasu has been Shimmer marine for a year now Gaines was the top west coast dealer .The 496ho is the only way to go with a 27' or 28' extreme if you go with the 350mag you wont be as happy but it will still run good.Also with the playcraft not only are they faster than the jc or bennington the can be custom orderd to your liking ie.seat placement,rail design,powdercoat colors etc.Plus its the only pontoon mfg that has a regatta on lake havasu.

ParkerRat
    I spent the weekend looking at Tri-toons. Didnt make it to Playcraft but looked at Bennington, Premeir, South Bay, Crest. Really liked the South Bay with the 496 HO and the Benningtons.
    25' Bennington w/320 hp & Bravo III around $57K,
    25' Bennington w/496 HO and Bravo III around $72K
    25' South Bay w/496 and Volvo Dual Prop around $65K
    Any one hear anything bad about the South Bays?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234