Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My night last night...kinda graphic

Phat Matt
    So last night I had to go check on a couple of my clients night clubs. I had new DJ's in place and had to help direct them on what to do during the night. I was tired before I went out and didn't really feel like going, but had to go. At the 1st 2 places I didn't have any drinks. At the last stop I had 2 redbull vodka's tall. I wasn't in party mood and sipped on them while everyone else was partying down. I left right before the club closed to beat out the traffic and took one of my friends with me cuz he was drunk. On the way home we were on the 10 and a car come up on me pretty fast and passed me through the Fontana area. Less than a minute later I pull up on a car on it's top on the side of the freeway. Nobody is stopping so I pull over and back up. 4 people are running around crazy and try to jump in my car. They want me to take them away. One girl keeps saying he's dead, he's dead. I call 911 and they send units out. I tell the people to sit down next to my car and I go check on there friend. He's mangled. DOA. Didn't need to check for vitals cuz he must have been ejected from the car when they bounced off the center divider. He ended up on his back in the ice plant with his broken arms all contorted above his head, and his head was flattened to a few inches thick. What was left of his brains were spilled out next to him. He had left a trails of blood and brain matter from where he skipped across the road. I am a little freaked out, but I keep it together. The cops show up and I turn around and the 4 people take off running up the bank of the freeway. I tell the cops there they go and they tell other units. My thoughts were they had either been drinking, underage, or illegal aliens. The fact was there friend was dead, and they took off. After everyone shows up they keep looking at the body cuz it's pretty bad and they are like whoa. After about 45 minutes I ask if we are done here. The cop say he need to take a statement. I give him my ID and tell him what I saw. Then after I did that he hits me with this. How much have you had to drink tonight Matthew. I am already freaked and I did drink, but I wasn't drunk, and I know if I tell him what I really had, "a couple of drinks", he going to run me through the ringer. I thought about this before I stopped, but I had to help out if there was anything I could do. I tell him I had nothing. He's says I smell something and asks me again how much I have had to drink. I tell him nothing again and tell him he is smelling my frined next to me who had been drinking alot. He says ok and he's going to give me a field test. I say OK. He gives me the test, and I pass. But now I am even more freaked. Then he takes a statement from my friend and I have to stand there and think about everything that is going on. I could have just kept driving and so far everyone has said that they would have. I couldn't. We finally get to leave and I take my friend home and sit at his house and try to collect my thoughts. I come home a little while after that and get to bed. I don't sleep well and shake the images. Needless to say I am supposed to go back to a club tonight for New Years and I don't feel like it. I am supposed to DJ and party with my friends. It's not giong to happen. We are going to lay low at my friends house and shoot some pool. Not the New Years Eve I planned on but that sucked last night.
    So I guess the moral of the story is be careful tonight while you are out there. Don't just look out for yourself, look out for the other guy too.
    Matt

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    dito everyone been safe

Havasu Hangin'
    Man...that's harsh.
    It might be time to regroup.

slink
    Man tough night. They ever catch the "friends" that ran? Just goes to show how life can change in the blink of an eye. Be safe tonight everyone

Phat Matt
    Man...that's harsh.
    It might be time to regroup.
    Yeah. The cop said it was his second fatality that night. There will probably be more tonight too. :frown:

dicudmore
    sorry Matt, sounds like you did the right thing though.
    Be safe guys....

OutCole'd
    WOW Matt, that is too scarry.
    Staying home & laying low is good for me also. Best of luck to you.

Kilrtoy
    Drinking and driving dont mix(if they were). Matt what you saw was horrible, but Law enforncement sees this everyday and then people wonder why they are so tuff. What you saw will stick with you for a while, don't fight your feelings or surpress them, let them out it will help....

Phat Matt
    Man tough night. They ever catch the "friends" that ran? Just goes to show how life can change in the blink of an eye. Be safe tonight everyone
    There is no way that they could have got away. I think one of the girls was hurt and they ran right in front of the fire truck. If they could get away on foot from where we were, there is no hope.

Havasu Hangin'
    sorry Matt, sounds like you did the right thing though.
    Be safe guys....
    I agree. There was a chance that stopping could have saved someone...it's the right thing to do.
    It's just too bad that instead of walking way feeling good about what you did (like changing a lady's tire), you have to leave with that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast