Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 525EFI What Mufflers Pass? Any first hand?

CJ
    So the dreaded Marina tested my boat and at idle and at AZ distance (3-5 yds?), I failed with a 96db reading. Then he mentioned the Cali test will be more restrictive, testing me at 1 meter, failed, 104db.
    So now that people are actually passing the tests, what mufflers are passing on the 525EFI? And I'm sure the readings would be different with built in steps v. wide open transoms. I have the built in step with the echo chamber beneath!
    Eliminator was testing recently but I have yet to hear and Hot Boat will come out with their tests in the March issue, I hear, but I want to get rolling with this. Aint that just my luck that when I can finally afford a strong motor, now I can't legally run it!!!

Kilrtoy
    So Eliminator has no clue how to help a customer with this problem.
    I know alot of other boat builders have this already solved....

CJ
    They had a suggestion a few weeks ago which I am researching. Maybe I'm speaking to the wrong guy? I'll call Bob Monday.
    Hell . . . who has the solution? That's why I'm here. Let me and any of the other 525'ers know.

Kilrtoy
    rex marine has a few options for you, its at the top of the page.
    they claim to not take any HP away. Eliminator should already have the answer because any boat they sell from this day forward MUST have mufflers, or they can get fined BIG time.....

CJ
    They probably know as I haven't asked in a couple o' weeks. Hell they better know. I have been in Havasu squeezing the last few hours of my first loud motor out.
    I plan on talking to Mike very soon about their silencers. I have heard from one that they work on my motor, but don't want to get it wrong. Too damn expensive. I have also heard from a few that the Gattlins are successful.
    I would like to see what people are doing tho. I'm sure I'm not the only one asking and the more successes we hear about, the better educated we will be. So far there has been a lot of talk but no substantial evidence of success.

Kilrtoy
    it should cost you no more than 1k on the expensive end.
    I have been seeing between 700 and 900 installed.....

CJ
    That's what I was thinking. The Rex ones look real nice, but supposedly the Gattlins slide in just behind the stock tips. Do you know who makes the Gattlins?

Kilrtoy
    No clue, The shockwave has thru hull , but it is water line so it passes and the new boat, well it will have no problem passing and no mufflers....

dexman38
    o.k kilrtoy new boat will pass without mufflers ? hmm will it be a electric motor. :idea:

plaster dave
    No out boards I would Guess.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast