Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Announcing GIROUX CUSTOM BOATS (COLE TR2, HONDO XH511T)

colechillin
    I own a 84 Cole tr3. Can you tell me anything about it. Thanks, Sean

BOAT ANCHOR
    I own a 84 Cole tr3. Can you tell me anything about it. Thanks, Sean
    What do you want to know??? Give Pete a call, he would love to talk with you about your TR3. (760) 337-2681 shop in Imperial Ca., or (818) 203 8695 cell.

Jim B.
    How would boats (cole and hondo) coming from these molds you mentioned compare to the new boats coming out of Canyon Boats in Lodi?!?!?!

BOAT ANCHOR
    How would boats (cole and hondo) coming from these molds you mentioned compare to the new boats coming out of Canyon Boats in Lodi?!?!?!
    JimB.
    Canyon Boats in Lodi Ca. builds exceptionally beautiful and well built boats with excellent state of the art materials. Their glass and finish work are phenomenal. Canyon Boats have certainly proven themselves on the race course as most of us who read these boards have witnessed. In the past as well as the present, the Cole TR2 and the Hondo XH511T have both maintained an excellent race course history, and enjoyed the reputation of being "well built hulls". Pete Giroux intends to maintain and even try to elevate the reputation that these two hulls are credited with. Pete has hired a consultant (who claims to have helped Canyon Boats when they started up in Lodi, Ca.) to help him laminate the first few boats out of the molds. Pete is also using state of the art materials to produce his hulls and expects the first one to be out of the mold by mid January 2005. To compare the Cole TR2 and the Hondo XH511T hulls coming out of Giroux Custom Boats to a Canyon Boats hull, Pete feels is a judgment left up to the discriminating ***boat v-drive buying public. So Jim B., give Pete a call at (760) 337-2681, or (818) 203-8695 and make an appointment to see the boat. Pete's intentions for opening Giroux Custom Boats was to provide "Another Choice" to the discriminating ***boat v-drive buying public who are in the market for a new hull, to attend v-drive outtings such as the Camp Far West V-Drive Gatherings or the Colorado River V-Drive Events. Mr. Giroux also wanted to bring some nostalgia (he also restores Model A Fords) and uniqueness to the ***boat v-drive buying public, by offering WOOD DECKS on runner bottom hulls. He has no plans of racing or of any kind of race program at this time. He just wants to build unique V-Drive ***boats. Check them out. (760) 337-2681 or (818) 203-8695 " It's Just Another Choice"

Unforgiven
    The consultant that you are speaking of....could it be BRENDEL?????? he has a hydro order waiting for him.......

Sangerboy
    I was wondering if you were going to weigh in on this Scott

BGMAN203
    I was just browsing through the classifieds on dragboats.com and found a guy selling new bare "Cole TR2" boats and claiming they are out of the original Cole molds. This guy is in Florida?? Now who's telling the truth? Were there duplicate molds that Cole had? Or is one really a splash, not that a splashed one is bad, I would just like to know.

BOAT ANCHOR
    I was just browsing through the classifieds on dragboats.com and found a guy selling new bare "Cole TR2" boats and claiming they are out of the original Cole molds. This guy is in Florida?? Now who's telling the truth? Were there duplicate molds that Cole had? Or is one really a splash, not that a splashed one is bad, I would just like to know.
    BGMAN 203;
    The answer to your question is that there are two Cole TR2 molds in existence. The mold in Florida is the Cole TR2-1 mold. The mold that Giroux Custom Boats owns is the Cole TR2-2 mold. According to a former Shop Forman of Cole Boats (1977 to 1984 Chatsworth,Ca.) who is a personal friend of mine, the Cole TR2-2 mold is the newer mold of the two Cole TR2 molds, and has not had as many boats produced from it as the Cole TR2-1mold. Hope this clears it up for you. If you have any further questions, give Pete Giroux (Giroux Custom Boats, Imperial, Ca. {760} 337-2681 shop, or {818} 203-8695 cell) a call. He would love to talk with you.

ACCEPTENCE
    Still tryin to get a handle on what a bare hull goes for???
    Little help here???

PE 316
    Still tryin to get a handle on what a bare hull goes for???
    Little help here???
    At this point ALL requests for price quotes are being referred to Pete Giroux of Giroux Custom Boats...
    (760) 337-2681 shop or (818) 203-8695 cell

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast