Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: This says a lot...

Domn8er
    I got this from an email...Sorry, kind of long...
    Story in Tampa Newspaper
    Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that came to live in America because it is the Country of Choice??????
    Think abo! ut it .
    All I have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS? I celebrate Christmas, but because it isn't celebrated by everyone, we can no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to be Season's Greetings. It's not Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break. Isn't it amazing how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday? We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that.
    This says it all!
    This is an editorial written by an
    American citizen, published in a
    Tampa newspaper He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!
    IMMIGRANTS,
    NOT AMERICANS,
    MUST ADAPT.
    I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority
    of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct! " crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.
    I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. ! However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.
    We speak ENGLISH , not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!
    "In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan.. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.
    If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you
    should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We
    are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really
    don't care how you did things where you came from! . This is
    OUR COUNTRY,
    our land, & our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the
    right to express his opinion & we will allow you every opportunity to do so! But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great American freedom,
    THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.
    It is Time for America to Speak up

esabataj
    I got this from an email...Sorry, kind of long...
    Story in Tampa Newspaper
    Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that came to live in America because it is the Country of Choice??????
    Think abo! ut it .
    All I have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS? I celebrate Christmas, but because it isn't celebrated by everyone, we can no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to be Season's Greetings. It's not Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break. Isn't it amazing how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday? We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that.
    This says it all!
    This is an editorial written by an
    American citizen, published in a
    Tampa newspaper He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!
    IMMIGRANTS,
    NOT AMERICANS,
    MUST ADAPT.
    I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority
    of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct! " crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.
    I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. ! However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.
    We speak ENGLISH , not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!
    "In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan.. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.
    If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you
    should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We
    are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really
    don't care how you did things where you came from! . This is
    OUR COUNTRY,
    our land, & our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the
    right to express his opinion & we will allow you every opportunity to do so! But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great American freedom,
    THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.
    It is Time for America to Speak up
    I'll second that. He leaves nothing else to be said.

RiverDave
    So your saying unless your a diehard christian you shouldn't live in America?
    I got the usual religious chain e-mail the other day and this particular one kind of made me think. I'll cut and paste it here for you and we'll test your faith.
    -Always Trust God -
    When you come to a cliff you should always trust god. He will either catch you, or teach you how to fly.
    My response to that stupid e-mail was..
    I got the cliff if you got the faith
    I'm not saying I don't believe in god, nor am I saying that I have some sort of anti christian sentiment.. But to throw common sense to the wind in the name of religion? Well that's just dangerous and history proves it, time and time again.
    ------- End Rant about stupid religious e-mails ------
    On to the more important thing here.. I do agree with the basis of the text above that we should be focussing alot more on results and getting things done and less on who might get "offended" by such minor things. On the flipside though, I'm all for keeping religion and state seperate. A little something that the text above seems to over look is that the country was founded on THAT IDEA. Keeping religion and state SEPERATE.. And if you think back about the religious persecution that people were enduring that is the reason they threw that in there? My history is a little rusty here.. But weren't some of the most atrocious acts ever recorded in history in the name of religion? (christianity in particular?) Even in America not that long ago terrible things happened when some over zealous people began to mix religion and government. Salem Witch Trials ring a bell?
    Now I'm not one of those people that is "offended" if our currency says "In God We Trust" becuase to me I believe it. I also am not offended if the pledge of allegiance says "One Nation Under God" in it, becuase that's the way I learned it when I was young.. But these people that are throwing a huge fit about the possibillity of takign that phrase out?? And the dumbasses that are saying in the name of patriotism it should be in there? The original pledge didn't have that phrase in it.. It was added about 50 years ago. If the original forefathers of this nation wanted anything about god in the pledge of allegiance then they would've put it in there. THEIR WHOLE POINT WAS TO KEEP CHURCH AND STATE SEPERATE.. So the idea that if you thing that religion having anything to do with government is a bad idea makes you a bad american.. Well I call BULLSHIAT.. The fact of the matter is if your pushing religion INTO government then odds are you are either a little misguided as to what this country was founded on, or blinded by faith while screaming at the top of your patriotism in the meantime never understanding the TRUE MEANING of either.
    RD <--- does believe in god by the way (just common sense too)

RiverDave
    And Dave said "Let there be silence" and there was silence..
    Aren't you guys even going to try to defend your position on the matter? I was looking forward to an intellectual type debate this morning.. I guess I'll just go count parts instead.
    RD

Domn8er
    [QUOTE=RiverDave]So your saying unless your a diehard christian you shouldn't live in America?
    No, I actually didn't say anything. However I agree with the email. I don't believe he is saying you have to be a die hard Christian to live in America. I'm not a die hard Christian at all. In fact, as Americans we have the freedom of religion. But this country was founded on Christianity, so why should we (average Americans) change our ways of life. That was the point of this email. I was reading the other day that a lady in court was getting sworn in, went through the whole process and was waiting for the balif to finish. He had stopped talking and she said, "Aren't you suppose to say, so help you God?". The judge said she could say that if she wanted to. I don't know if this is true or not.

RiverDave
    Alrighty lets reread a certain portion of this e-mail.. Now keep in mind you said you agree with the e-mail and reposted it, so in my mind that basically means you are saying it.. Que No?
    In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan.. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.
    That following in the context that it was said (the sentances just before it) basically say if you don't have christian principles, and if you are offended by religious displays in schools and government then you should get the heck out? Or am I reading that wrong?
    My whole point is that little paragraph is a little short sighted, and terribly misguided to say the least. Just because the forefathers were christian does NOT mean that they wanted to incorporate religion and government. Come to think of it I'd say that's more clearly documented then just about anything becuase a big part of the whole basis of our government was seperation of church and state.
    Where's the original guy that wrote that jive, I'll tell him to stick it up his ass given the opportunity.. LOL
    RD

HM
    RD- you are better stick to arguing about drunk driving.

Domn8er
    [QUOTE=RiverDave]Alrighty lets reread a certain portion of this e-mail.. Now keep in mind you said you agree with the e-mail and reposted it, so in my mind that basically means you are saying it.. Que No?
    That following in the context that it was said (the sentances just before it) basically say if you don't have christian principles, and if you are offended by religious displays in schools and government then you should get the heck out? Or am I reading that wrong?
    I don't think you are getting the point. You don't have to believe in God, you don't have to be a "die hard Christian", but if God OFFENDS you and you make a point of it to where it affects me or the majority of America's belief, then maybe America isn't the place for you. I sure as heck wouldn't move to a country where the NATIONAL religion is Muslim.

RiverDave
    RD- you are better stick to arguing about drunk driving.
    Don't make me thump you with a Bible.. LOL
    RD

RiverDave
    [QUOTE=RiverDave]Alrighty lets reread a certain portion of this e-mail.. Now keep in mind you said you agree with the e-mail and reposted it, so in my mind that basically means you are saying it.. Que No?
    I don't think you are getting the point. You don't have to believe in God, you don't have to be a "die hard Christian", but if God OFFENDS you and you make a point of it to where it affects me or the majority of America's belief, then maybe America isn't the place for you. I sure as heck wouldn't move to a country where the NATIONAL religion is Muslim.
    Just out of curiosity.. How many Christians are in the U.S.? How many independants are in the U.S.? And how many Muslims are in the U.S.? As well what's the total population of the U.S.?
    RD

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast