Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mufflers....What are you all gonna do?

BALLSDEEP
    All right guys, I know we have some time still but summer is going to be right around the corner. I haven't been paying as much attention to the threads regarding noise laws as I should. I am curious, what are all of you planning on doing with your boats that don't pass the newly enforced noise laws at the Havasu Marina. Are you all looking into getting some sort of muffler, or are you simply going to go launch somewhere else where they don't test? My boat didn't pass either, and I am not sure what to do. What are everyone's thoughts? I know its a bunch of horse shit, but the law is the law and it looks like its here to stay.

OutCole'd
    I would like to wait for the coming issue of Hot Boat that when they do some testing.
    More than likely, I will wait for Rex to come out with their clamp on version so it will clear my swim step.

unleashed
    I just ordered some ggb inline hi flow exhaust. Hopefully they will work good enough. I know I wont pass right now but I got hassled by the man on my last trip to Havasu this past summer. I informed him that would be my last trip out without mufflers and he let me go. My question is can they kick you off the lake if your boat is to loud or do you just get a ticket?
    Deano
    Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

OutCole'd
    I just ordered some ggb inline hi flow exhaust. Hopefully they will work good enough. I know I wont pass right now but I got hassled by the man on my last trip to Havasu this past summer. I informed him that would be my last trip out without mufflers and he let me go. My question is can they kick you off the lake if your boat is to loud or do you just get a ticket?
    Deano
    Deano, not sure but I believe that each ticket carries a stiffer & stiffer fine, can get pretty ugly. Plus the pain of getting stopped each time I go out.
    That's why I want to wait for a set up that will for sure get me under the limit.
    I like the ggb's, just sure how much they quiet it down.

unleashed
    I went with the GGB"S cause this past summer I bid on a pair at a charity auction through ***boat and was the high bidder. I hope they work good. My boat doesnt seem to loud so Im thinking I'll be fine. I 'll keep you posted on the results.
    Deano
    Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

BALLSDEEP
    Deano
    Deano:
    You actually had a cop stop you on the water, or this was whille launching? Stupid question, who makes these inline mufflers that your talking about?

LHC30Victory
    got some of the Rex mufflers a couple o months ago. they have made a tremendous difference and althoug I haven't had the opportunity to test the installed level, believe we will pass the CA test with twin HO's. As soon as I can get back to Havazoo with some good weather, I will post the results.

BALLSDEEP
    I believe they can make you leave the lake until fixed
    DILIGAF:
    Whats going on? Me and my friends were playing blackjack with you last weekend at the Riverside, do you remeber us, I was sitting next to the drunk cowboy that was F'n everything up!

uncle larry
    all the law enforcement agencies have been having meetings out here to decide what they are going to do once you get on the lake regarding the noise.
    as far as we can tell no decision has been made yet.
    with the boating season still months away I dont expect anything will be decided until after spring break time. Thats the way it happens in havasu

BALLSDEEP
    got some of the Rex mufflers a couple o months ago. they have made a tremendous difference and althoug I haven't had the opportunity to test the installed level, believe we will pass the CA test with twin HO's. As soon as I can get back to Havazoo with some good weather, I will post the results.
    You say they make a tremendous difference, I am assumong in noise, but do you notice any difference good or bad in performance?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast