Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone know the Permanent Effects of Meth Abuse?

Flying Tiger
    What are the Permanent Side Effects of Crystal Meth Addiction?
    It seems like I'm the last guy around that doesn't use (nor tried) Crystal Meth.
    The people (contractors/neighbors) that sometimes I have to work with that have been crystal meth users for about 3 to 5 years most have these permanent afflictions:
    Colitus (Chrons disease), (at 33, 35, 37 most all wear depends too)
    Burn't out nasel passages (all always sound like they have a bad cold)
    Damaged stomach linings. Most get regular blood transfusions
    Touretts syndrome. Awfull to be around.
    The women abusers seem far more devistated by this abuse than the men. (since Betty Ford, they can't be left alone with their kids) they all look like they almost died in childbirth that morning ).
    Does anyone know if this is typical of a Crysal Meth abuser? Are women more devastated by it than men? Sure seems so.
    What portion United States addicted to this stuff?
    Bab Bad Bad is this stuff my HB brothers and sisters,, bad stuff indeed.
    ----------------
    http://hometown.aol.com/ljowdy/myhom...mtbrand=AOL_US

Essex29
    What are the Permanent Side Effects of Crystal Meth Addiction?
    It seems like I'm the last guy around that doesn't use (nor tried) Crystal Meth.
    The people (contractors/neighbors) that sometimes I have to work with that have been crystal meth users for about 3 to 5 years all have these permanent afflictions:
    Colitus (Chrons disease), (at 33, 35, 37 they now all wear depends too)
    Burn't out nasel passages (they always sound like they have a bad cold)
    Damaged stomach linings. They all get regular blood transfusions
    Touretts syndrome. Awful to be around.
    The women abusers seem far more devistated by this abuse than the men. (since Betty Ford, they can't be left alone with their kids) they all look like they almost died in childbirth that morning ).
    Does anyone know if this is typical of a Crysal Meth abuser?
    What portion United States addicted to this stuff?
    Bab Bad Bad is this stuff my HB brothers and sisters,, bad stuff indeed.
    ----------------
    http://hometown.aol.com/ljowdy/myhom...mtbrand=AOL_US
    ...not the last guy to have not tried the crap...nasty stuff!

Mrs.Racer277
    Never tried it either!

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    never tried it. Never will. never even seen it.

DEEZ NUTTS
    Never. Never dropped acid either, but kinda wish I tried it when I was younger. Never would now.

jbtrailerjim
    A lot of my friends I hung out with in high school started useing it right after we graduated. They tried to get me to use it but I chose not to try it. I was tempted a couple of times but I didn't.
    Most of them quit after a couple of years but there were a couple of my buddies continued to abuse it. Both of them really started to show the effect of continued use of it. My one friend really seemed to be not all there. He acted really strange all the time. I lost touch with him and the last I heard through another friend he was more or less permanately warped in the head.
    My other buddie that continued to abuse it also worked for me. He flipped out on me one day at work and I had no choice but to fire him. We did not talk for a while. He quit useing it for a while and came back to work for me and he started to use it again. He finally realized the only way to get off of it was to get away from the people he was hanging with. I had been telling him all along he needed to get away from the losers he was hanging out with. He moved away to Vegas and basically started a new life. I see him once or twice a year and he is clean. I can see though the effect the drugs have had on him.
    I think all the time of how my life would have turned out if I would have given into the peer pressure of my friends and have tried meth. I'm very thankful I was smart enough not to ever try that crap. It's bad stuff I can tell first hand how I saw it ruin friends lives.

Boatcop
    Those are some of the effects of chronic meth use.
    Add to that:
    Extreme paranoia
    Tooth loss
    HIV/AIDS/hepatitis (needle sharing-prostitution)
    No stuff (sold for meth)
    Heart arythmia
    Ireversible brain damage
    osteoporosis
    blood disease/infection (open sores)
    hair loss
    and a host of other aflictions!
    Women seem to be more susceptible to meth use/abuse, and in many cases are the reason men get into it. The reasoning is that they try it, either for more energy for housework or to lose weight. (No, I'm not stereotyping or beings sexist, just telling it like it is.)
    They all think that they can handle it a little at a time, but none can. They start out feeling great. Lose a few pounds, energy that makes them feel like super woman. In a few weeks, their house is spotless, they look fantastic, and all is right with the world. They convince their overworked, always tired boyfriend/husband that can't keep up with them, that they could use a little pick-me-up.
    Before they know it, they're using it daily, just to get out of bed and maintain some "normalcy". Soon all they're thinking about is how to get more. Eventually work doesn't matter. Health doesn't matter. The kids don't matter. The bills don't matter. Nothing matters except getting meth.
    A once beautiful 30 year old woman now looks 65, and a formerly good looking man looks like, well, A meth freak.
    Here's some pics of meth users and a few stories. If anyone is thinking about trying it, or is in the early stages of recreational use, these are a pretty good wake up call.
    Faces of Meth (http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...i?ArtNum=79786)
    And a few more pics:
    More Faces (http://www.oregonlive.com/news/orego....ata?g_id=2927)
    No "Reefer Madness" BS. This drug is nothing but chemicals, and WILL KILL YOU!

NashvilleBound
    my cousin fell back into it and ended up getting accused of stealing someones stash. He was shot twice in the head, execution style, in the Vista Business Park 10 years ago this year. Its bad shit.

LUVNLIFE
    I never tried it. Always had friends and co workers who were in the stuff deep and that alone kept me away. Just to see what they did, how they acted and what they became. Bad stuff. Come to think of it, it was almost like a scared straight program.

LUVNLIFE
    Funny. After I ended that post I thought of something. Alan had mentioned how women use it for the weight loss. I had a girlfriend tell me one time she was going to just lose a few pounds using meth. I told her if she did I was gone and never coming back. To my knowledge she never did while I was with her but later she started dating a shady guy I knew of. BTW I did grow up in one of the meth capitals of the world.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast