Thread: oversize V-Drive...

1Bahnerjet
    has anyone seen a Bigger Boat with V-Drives ?
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ry_09_2005.jpg

InKahntrol
    Most of the 32' Campbells built came equipped with v-drives. One of the boats called Electric Blue was actually retrofitted with a special high-speed hull and arneson surface drives, and it supposedly goes over 60mph, not bad for a 14,000 lb boat. My dad was partners for a time in the first 32', called Numero Uno, which was originally setup with twin big block chevys coupled together freight train style like a V16 with a single v-drive.
    Campbell also built a bigger boat called Lady In Cement for Dan (Hoss) Blocker that measured 42' and had twin v-drives.

1Bahnerjet
    InKahntrol, when I was Walkin' around the Campbell Shop think I saw a Pic. of Numero Uno on the Wall (Lots of Pics on the Walls) wasn't the Hoss Boat a 24' ? if it was a 42' & the way they were Built, bet he had to tow it with a Semi Truck. Do you know why he Named it "Lady in Cement" ? COOL info

SPECTRABRENT
    1Bahnerjet,
    The 32 in the ad has been in the Boattrader forever!
    My dad had a 32 Campbell and it had twin v-drives (when new it was sold with Gale Banks twin turbo 454).
    Dan Blocker's boat was 42 feet and I think its still floating somewhere.
    Brent

dimarcobros
    1Bahnerjet,
    The 32 in the ad has been in the Boattrader forever!
    Brent
    You can say that again. That was int he trader when we bought out 79 DiMarco over 3 years ago.
    Is it in Lake Havasu?
    DMB

lucky
    InKahntrol, when I was Walkin' around the Campbell Shop think I saw a Pic. of Numero Uno on the Wall (Lots of Pics on the Walls) wasn't the Hoss Boat a 24' ? if it was a 42' & the way they were Built, bet he had to tow it with a Semi Truck. Do you know why he Named it "Lady in Cement" ? COOL info
    IS THE "HOSS BOAT " YOU ARE REFERING TO OWNED BY DAN BLCOKER - CAUSE I KNOW WHERE THAT BOAT IS AND IT'S FOR SALE - 24 FOOT CAMPBELL AND HAVE LOOKED AT IT -