Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concrete/Foundation Repair??

mirvin
    Any foundation fixers here??? I'm having a problem that appears to be "seepage"........basically I gots water coming into my garage by way of the ground/foundation/stucco THe floor is wet, the lower portion of the stucco wall and interior framing is wet. THere's not moisture on the upper portion nor can I find anything related to a leaking roof.....The garage is the only portion of the house that is on a slab. The rest of the structure is raised.
    Anyone??
    Thanks in advance.
    mirvin

Mandelon
    What is going on outside the wall? Sounds like the soil level may be to high on the backside? Moisture may be coming in under the sole plate?

Hustler
    Contact Danhercules here on the boards, thats his specialty.

mirvin
    THat's what I thought also. I noticed this problem last weekend and did some research and based on that research I put up rain gutters over the affected area. I also brought the outside soil level down to where it should be as it was about 1 to 2 feet above the inside floor level in that areal. At that time I only noticed a couple of spots on the wall that were "weaping". After installing the gutters and adjusting the soil level the whole area is totally saturated. It seems like I just made things worse :rollside:
    My insurance company wants me to get a pro out to look at it quick....
    mirvin

LHC30Victory
    Funny you should ask about this. Everytime we get a good rain there is a spot in my garage that is noticibly wet. It is not near the walls but in the middle. No pipes running underneath. Is it a problem?

mirvin
    Contact Danhercules here on the boards, thats his specialty.
    Thanks Hustler.
    Mandy, my previous post was in response to your post.
    mirvin :boxed:

mirvin
    Funny you should ask about this. Everytime we get a good rain there is a spot in my garage that is noticibly wet. It is not near the walls but in the middle. No pipes running underneath. Is it a problem?
    I've had that happen a couple time too. That's why I think I have a foundation problem as well as whatever is happening in my wall.
    mirvin

Hustler
    No problem,just make sure he does'nt see the keg before he gets the work done

mirvin
    No problem,just make sure he does'nt see the keg before he gets the work done
    I haven't seen him on here lately....you think he'll get the pm??
    mirvin

pgf127rt
    Mirvin, Mandelon is probably right on, a flower bed or just a build up of silts along a foundation wall can cause moisture to get under the plate on the house, I am a concrete contractor here in Texas, and also do repairs on leaking problems such as you are having, in 90% of the cases it is caused by no drainage at the plate line, ideal is about 5" of relief below, you can get by with less as long as the drainage is positive and can't back up to a level above the plate.
    If this is not the problem, check for structural cracks in the stucco, as water can wick through a hairline crack given all of the rain and wind you all are having out there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast