Thread: Need good bravo out drive

Santana
    I am replacing an older Alpha and 350 with a 502 and a Bravo out drive. I need a good used out drive that will bolt in, does anyone have one laying around they want to get rid of? It is going into a 79' 26 foot Sleekcraft. I live in Central Arizona.
    Thanks.

98stryker
    i have a bravo one stock lower case with drive shaft but no bearings. they are in my imco -3 shorty. i dont think the guts for a lower are all that expensive. you might can save some $ if you piece together the outdrive, especially if you know some one that can do the labor. $250.00 plus shipping and its yours. cell-903-926-9970

VelocityDriver
    Bravo drive will not bolt in to and Alpha Gimbel housing. You need the Bravo Gimbel and inner transom plate, long with cutting the transon for the new housing. If I remember right, you will also have do some patching due to the different shape of the Bravo. There are a bunch of threads on OSO that discribe the change.

Santana
    i have a bravo one stock lower case with drive shaft but no bearings. they are in my imco -3 shorty. i dont think the guts for a lower are all that expensive. you might can save some $ if you piece together the outdrive, especially if you know some one that can do the labor. $250.00 plus shipping and its yours. cell-903-926-9970
    No answer on your cell, Do you have a gimble also?
    Thanks

98stryker
    was working this morning. i called and got the secretary. try again this afternoon. sorry no gimble

James'SS-24
    Try ebay. Go under boat parts and search bravo. They have gimbles, transom assemblies, drives and lots of stuff. You could build what ever you want from there! :rollside:

TIMINATOR
    HEY!!! I'm in Phoenix!!! I have a Teague Platinum XR upper, and a built lower with an XR verticle shaft in it for sale! I was gonna do what you are attempting, and got side tracked, I've got lots of parts for that conversion, and info too! You need a Bravo coupler too(got one), bellhousing that fits the coupler(got that too). Or do what I did and build up the 350.... mine is in a 24 Daytona and runs low 60s! Theres plenty more where that came from too! I also know who locally has the deals! Call me, TIMINATOR 623-877-8553 during business hrs.

Ron Hill
    My son, Chad Hill, has a lot of Bravo stuff... He can be reached through his web site www.hillmarine.com
    Or e-mail me: Ron Hill at RONHILL@speakeasy.net...
    E-Bay does have a lot of parts...it is a full time job looking for stuff though.
    I have an almost new lower gearcase (old style), with oil screw under the prop shaft, but not drilled up top...it is complete, but talk to Chad about prices...I took it on trade for props...

James'SS-24
    Hey timinator...who's has a 1.36 upper they want to sell? I need to regear! :shift: