Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: photo chop or not

carreraboat
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data..._water-med.jpg
    I had this emailed to me by a freind. it is a pic of tsunami, if this is not a photo chop, that is unbelievable. With that kinda of wave it kinda makes it more understandable

Powerquestboy
    definitley a photo chop! Tsunami's dont come in as a wave. THere is actually no such thing as a Tidel wave from what I understand. It comes in exactly like the rising tide......but it just keeps coming.

spectratoad
    By looking at the fuzz along the highway I will go with CHOP. Looks like Hong Kong.

SoCalOffshore
    photo chop. Tsunamis typically top out at 30 feet.

JetBoatRich
    no doubt, it is a chop :notam:

RiverOtter
    Chop, see www.snopes.com

Kilrtoy
    THAT IS NOT A PHOTO CHOP
    LOOK CLOSER AND YOU CAN EVEN SE A CRAZY SURFER
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ami-surfer.jpg

carreraboat
    lmao

Wicky
    definitley a photo chop! Tsunami's dont come in as a wave. THere is actually no such thing as a Tidel wave from what I understand. It comes in exactly like the rising tide......but it just keeps coming.
    Tidal waves do occur. Two a day. Right off the coast of SoCal.
    Everytime the tide comes in it is considered to be a tidal wave.
    When I was in Blackpool, England there was truly a noticeable tidal wave. A small wall of water that would move in from nearly a mile out twice daily.
    They would sound the alarms everytime the tide would come in.
    I did, however, enjoy all the news stations that immediately concluded that it was a Tidal wave that hit Indo and surrounding areas.
    Anbody notice that Burma hasn't reported much of anything and they are in the heart of the carnage??
    Wicky

HBjet
    There is actually no such thing as a Tidel wave from what I understand. It comes in exactly like the rising tide......but it just keeps coming.
    Isn't Tsunami and Tidal Wave basically the same thing? Anyways, I just watch this show about Mega Tsunami's. They don't occur from earthquakes underwater, but from huge landslides. Imagine 900 million tons of rock sliding into the ocean all at once! Thats going to create a wave hundreds of feet tall. These don't happen as often, but they do happen, and its only a matter of when the next one will occur. Could be another 1000 or more years, but then next one scientist are predicting will happen on an island off the atlantic coast of Africa. I'm not going to get into there studies, but they predict a land slide of rock in the Trillions of tons to slide into the ocean, sending a wave as high as 1000ft traveling across the atlantic to the eastern seaboard in 8 hours washing 12 miles inland. We won't be around when this happens, but its pretty amazing to think about. Gotta love the Discovery Channel
    HBjet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast