Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cat Insurance

don johnson
    Those with big, fast cats prepare yourself.... I just got a registered letter from Ace cancelling the insuance on my 33 Daytona. They are no longer insuring fast cat's. I have no claims, tickets or accidents. I was with Merkel in 2003 then switched to Ace in 2004, saved over $2k. Looks like I am going back to Merkel and the $7k a year.... With Ace out of the picture i can see Merkel jacking up there rates big time!

Magic34
    If Markel jacks with my rates, my boat is for sale.

bunny 166
    Those with big, fast cats prepare yourself.... I just got a registered letter from Ace cancelling the insuance on my 33 Daytona. They are no longer insuring fast cat's. I have no claims, tickets or accidents. I was with Merkel in 2003 then switched to Ace in 2004, saved over $2k. Looks like I am going back to Merkel and the $7k a year.... With Ace out of the picture i can see Merkel jacking up there rates big time!
    So sorry to hear that---good luck to you. I know you don't remember me, but My hubby and I met you this summer in Moabi Channel--hope all is well with you Now that we have a Conquest, hoping to hang with the C&T crew now and again....

TOBTEK
    so than WHO are the people to call without getting poked? I tried Shawn who does Bling and some others and the HOMO wont call me back.

Insurance God
    Hey TOBTEK,
    Sorry, I have been bang' in Bling. Call my office and we will straighten everything out.
    Shawn
    562-690-9770

Jrocket
    I tried Shawn who does Bling and some others and the HOMO wont call me back.
    Me too,Bling told me to call...I did,talked to Shawn,called again,and again..no calls back so I gave up.

Community
    You should know that Shawn's brokerage is licensed in CA and AZ so he can handle everything for you, cars, trucks, motorsickles, ATV's, RV's, houses, rental homes, apartments, life insurance, business insurance etc etc etc.
    If he doesn't, I am going back into the insurance biz and you guys can call me...

BADBLOWN572
    does anyone know the statistics on accidents that the insurance pays out in cats vs. V's? I would assume that the claims on V's are just as much on a cat.
    I am really surprised that no one has started an insurance company that specializes in insuring high performance cats. With the number of cats being sold right now, you would think that they would make a fortune. Even if it was 2x what a V bottom pays, it would be worth it. I would gladly pay 3k a year for conventional insurance on my boat. I can't get insurance no matter what! I had to go around the system to get covered. Anyone who runs without insurance is insane (in my opinion).

Mrs. Restless22
    does anyone know the statistics on accidents that the insurance pays out in cats vs. V's? I would assume that the claims on V's are just as much on a cat.
    I am really surprised that no one has started an insurance company that specializes in insuring high performance cats. With the number of cats being sold right now, you would think that they would make a fortune. Even if it was 2x what a V bottom pays, it would be worth it. I would gladly pay 3k a year for conventional insurance on my boat. I can't get insurance no matter what! I had to go around the system to get covered. Anyone who runs without insurance is insane (in my opinion).
    Im guessing noone has started this insurance company we all wish was around because nobody will "reinsure" them. Insurance companies have reinsurers and Im thinking it would be the same charges that we are paying now, so there would be no advantage. :idea: Just a guess.

GLWBEAR
    I've been told that there will be NO more insurance for CATs that go over 120 mph! Too many idiots have been crashing them and turning in Multi-Million dollar claims.
    I am like everyone else, NO TICKETS, NO ACCIDENTS AND NO CLAIMS and now no insurance. I just detuned the Mach 34 to under 120 and I'm trying to get insurance. They ought to out law alcohol on boats and jet skiis on the water and people with no prior boating experience from owning 140 mile per hour boats as their FIRST BOAT!
    These are the idiots that have Killed it for us all! It is too bad that so few have ruined it for so MANY!
    Thats my 2 cents worth
    GLWBEAR

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast