Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am looking for some salespeople.....

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    I am looking to hire a couple of young, energetic people for an inside sales position selling semiconductors to manufacturers around the world. I am specifically looking for people in their 20's, some sales experience, a degree (but not essential), and have some personality. My office is in Irvine. if you have anyone to recommend, please pm me........

topless
    I am looking to hire a couple of young, energetic people for an inside sales position selling semiconductors to manufacturers around the world. I am specifically looking for people in their 20's, some sales experience, a degree (but not essential), and have some personality. My office is in Irvine. if you have anyone to recommend, please pm me........
    In their 20's???? Are you discriminating here? :jawdrop:

dirty old man
    you can't say that. the eeoc will be right there

MsDrmr
    In all seriousness, how many 20yr olds do you think have a degree? And how does that effect their ability to sale (or do you have a degree in mind that is geared toward your product)
    (no sarcasim intended in the above statement)

BIGTYME
    The Degree is one thing I do not understand - I have been the top sales guy for almost every company I have worked for, I have no degree. Maybe the degree shows commitment but it sure doesn't teach a person how to prospect for new business, or close deals,or Great Customer service or asking for the sale. I think needing a degree to be a salesman is like wiping before you poop! Just my .02
    How do you employers feel a degree is beneficial?

WaTchTheGelCoat
    In all seriousness, how many 20yr olds do you think have a degree? And how does that effect their ability to sale (or do you have a degree in mind that is geared toward your product)
    He did say "20's" not 20. You're Fired! :rollside:

dmontzsta
    I would seriously be your man, but I am trying to get my own thing started and currently in a position working towards that, if anything changes I will let you know...I will also keep the word out for you.

BADBLOWN572
    Actually, I know a ton of people who are in their early 20's and have a degree. I graduated at 22 with a degree in Business Management. My brother got his degree at 22 and is 23 and almost has his masters. A lot of my friends are the same way.
    I know that from my standpoint, I am in sales and the degree has helped me. You learn all facets of business and therefore you can expand simply beyond sales. Sales is an extremely broad term, it is HR coordinating the personel you need to execute the task, it is Marketing selling yourself and product, it is accounting by effectively determining the best return on investment, etc... You can better understand why you need to sell at a margin, how delays cost money, and how things are interconnected. Something that someone without a degree might not have. (Disclaimer: Some do) Even if that is not relevant, I had an employer tell me one time in an interview, that anyone with a degree is book smart and their education is shit, however he did say that it shows to him that 1) you can handle pressure and have learned how to deal with situations & 2) put up with B.S. to get what you want. Both of which are crucial characteristics for sales.
    On a side note, I also recognize that some of the best sales people that I have ever met had no formal higher education. They simply learned from doing it. You can not replace experience with education, but when you have neither, education helps.

MsDrmr
    He did say "20's" not 20. You're Fired! :rollside:
    damn it, fired from another one,,,,, :angry2: now what am I gonna do??? :cry:
    anyone hiring, I can learn and do just about anything

Havasu_Dreamin
    I graduated with a degree in business at 25.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast