Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Thin in 2005!

Mr.Havasu
    O.k. as most of you know John's daughter's were on "The Swan" and they both lost alot of weight on the nutrisystem diet plan. So I think I going to give it an honest effort and see if I can't get into a bathing suit by this memorial day holiday.
    I started my diet 5 days ago and have lost 6 lbs so far. I want to lose OMG 70 lbs so I have 64 lbs to go.
    I'll post my progress here and hopefully some of you will join me and we can motivate each other to keep with it.
    Michele

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Good for you! It's a tough thing to do and a lot of sacrifice. I'm sure you will feel a lot healthier when you are done though.

Mandelon
    My wifey signed me up for the gym two months ago. I've been going M-W-F most of the time. Lost a couple of pounds. But its hard to stay away from the snacks for me. Not much willpower when it comes to candy and sweets. IF its not around, I am fine, but if I know there's goodies in the pantry, then I am bad.
    I have cut back on junk food, down to once a week maybe. I have given up soda for the most part, and cut back on liquor a bunch. Seems to be helping.

HotRod Sprint
    Michelle, you can do it. I put way tooooo much on over the holidays. I have 30 to lose myself. I lost 40 last year, but lost focus. I'll post my progress as well. IT CAN BE DONE.
    Rod

Debbolas
    Congrats on your girls and their success!!!

Good luck with your diet :wink:

Mandelon
    The Caveman diet: The human body wasn't developed to eat Cheetos, Twinkies and diet Coke. We obviously can't handle things like that.
    We need to go back to eating like a caveman. This means if you can't catch it, pick it, kill it, grow it, gather it or otherwise find it in nature you shouldn't eat it. This eliminates all processed food. All the things that are too calorie rich for us to process at our normal rate of burn.
    You can still have meat, fish, veggies,maybe milk, fruit, nuts and whole grains, olive oil I suppose, spices, but nothing processed. No bread, crackers, chips, candy, no cheesecake, nothing that is not whole and natural.
    Haven't tried this, but it makes sense.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    All except the no cheesecake part!!! (insert Valley accent--> ) I'm soooo shure!!!

slowinhavasuskid
    Remember think of it as a life style change not a diet. That has been keeping me motivated.

RiverToysJas
    I'll Play! My problem is I over eat. My Italian Mother and Grandparents (I am 50% Italian) trained me to eat, and they did an awesome job....I eat a lot!!!
    I used to workout A LOT. Lifted heavy weights at least 4 times a week for a few years. I was in the gym at least an hour and a half a day, focused and lifting. I ate whatever I wanted. Then my wife spawned another person, and my whole life changed.....except my eating habits!!!
    So this year I'm putting my foot down (and the fork down) and have been working on eating smaller portions. I have goal wieght, and a realistic date of meeting that goal. I have been eating less calories than I normally would for 7 days now, and I'm down 5 pounds. I was down almost 8 two days ago, but when I stopping dropping at all for two days, I increased my calories to kick my metabolism back up a bit. I also am starting to hit the gym more, and lift again. My goal is fat loss, not muscle loss. Not sure if I'm going to try to get back to my old strength or not. I'm nearly 6 years older now, and even then was starting to get injuries at the levels I was lifting.
    I'll try to report in regularly. This is the type of thing I need to keep me on track.
    Good luck to all!
    RTJas

uglycstmr
    O.k. as most of you know John's daughter's were on "The Swan" and they both lost alot of weight on the nutrisystem diet plan. So I think I going to give it an honest effort and see if I can't get into a bathing suit by this memorial day holiday.
    I started my diet 5 days ago and have lost 6 lbs so far. I want to lose OMG 70 lbs so I have 64 lbs to go.
    I'll post my progress here and hopefully some of you will join me and we can motivate each other to keep with it.
    Michele
    Are you going with the Nutrisystem plan as well? If so did you join somewhere or just get a hold of their meal plans. I have been working at this as well, actually started seeing a diet dr with a couple of friends here at work, they are doing better than me as of now they have lost 40 and 30 and I am down about 20 lbs, want to loose another 50, my goal was 70 also. I am a junk food junky also, ice cream is my biggest downfall. I also love to overeat. Glad to hear there are others out hear fighting this battle with me, Memorial is a good goal, lets all work together and report in frequently, The National Hot Boat Challenge 2005!!!

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast