Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tile

MsDrmr
    Mr and I are interested in getting tile in our house, we are looking for someone who offers a good deal in just buying the tile, and then someone who could help us with the labor of installing it.
    Any help would be appreciated

Keithb87
    Are you sure you want tile ??
    A little hard on the knees
    Allthough, I used to work in a theather and there is nothing like getting a girl on the cold tile floor.. :wink: of the projection booth.
    (sorry for the hijack)

harleypauls
    Try John Ambruster 619-818-8834. Tell him Paul Shaw reccommended him. He and I did the tile in my house. He's a great handyman for all projects.
    Paul

BarryMac
    Pick out your tile and rent a Tile Saw from your local rental yard, tiling is fairly easy, I am sure that you and the Mr. can do it... :shift:

MsDrmr
    I am in Fontana, but I don't mind traveling to get the tile for a good price.
    GJB: we don't mind doing it ourselves we have the stuff, but we'd like to have some help so that it gets done quickly, we have a lot of Sq footage downstairs...A few extra hands would help expedite the process.

572Daytona
    Check out these guys:
    http://www.usastone.com/
    They have auctions around the country on tile, I see they have one coming up in California. I went to a couple of their auctions in the Atlanta area and bought slate for our decks, granite for our kitchen, and marble for our bathrooms at a good price. You can usually pick it up for under $5/sq ft and sometime as low as 2$. The way the auctions work is that they open up on Friday afternoon to let you preview what is available, the auction is on Saturday and then you have Saturday and Sunday to figure out how to get it home.

gmocnik
    just went through this drill......
    state college blvd. north of kramer in anaheim has every tile manufacturer and distributer in the world....take a day and visit a bunch of them...narrow your choice down to a couple of tiles, then buy a box of each and take it home...what looks good in the showroom may change when you get it home...
    we put down around 600 sq ft of 18" in the kitchen and den...rented the wetsaw from home depot, mixed up the mud and had at it....took one day to lay it, one day to grout it...
    on the other hand....the $3-$4 per foot for labor to have it installed is probably money well spent...
    good luck
    gm

MsDrmr
    just went through this drill......
    state college blvd. north of kramer in anaheim has every tile manufacturer and distributer in the world....take a day and visit a bunch of them...narrow your choice down to a couple of tiles, then buy a box of each and take it home...what looks good in the showroom may change when you get it home...
    we put down around 600 sq ft of 18" in the kitchen and den...rented the wetsaw from home depot, mixed up the mud and had at it....took one day to lay it, one day to grout it...
    on the other hand....the $3-$4 per foot for labor to have it installed is probably money well spent...
    good luck
    gm
    yeah no kiddin, mr laid tile in his old house, in the living room, kitchen, bathroom, hall and dining room, did it in three days and it took three years off his life. :supp: (so he claims)

Cas
    if you pick out the tile you like, I'll be more than happy to order it and get my contractors discount. Most every company is different as far as discounts go so I can't say what it is. Also, there aren't any discounts at Home Depot, Lowe's, Yardbirds or other big stores like that.
    Also, a lot of the tile companies give a little better price to tile contractors should there be any on here.
    As far as the installation, I'm a bit too far away for that.

MsDrmr
    if you pick out the tile you like, I'll be more than happy to order it and get my contractors discount. Most every company is different as far as discounts go so I can't say what it is. Also, there aren't any discounts at Home Depot, Lowe's, Yardbirds or other big stores like that.
    Also, a lot of the tile companies give a little better price to tile contractors should there be any on here.
    As far as the installation, I'm a bit too far away for that.
    thank you for the offer, I will keep you in mind, (I appreciate your willing to help out). We wont go through a large store, we like to give out business to the med sized or mom & pop shops....I'll keep you informed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast