Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article in Jan. HB on motor build

wet77
    I was trying to reference the info in the JAN 2005 Hot Boat mag. about the Comp cam they used in that 540 motor. Page 134
    The # in the article was 11-706-9 which they state in the paragraph under the picture of the cylinder head that its a (hyraulic roller camshaft)
    I looked up the number on Comp Cams site and it came back with this
    285CR-8 Cam
    $374.93
    Mechanical Roller :idea:
    Which one is it??
    I am only wondering because I am building a motor very similar to the one in the article

Taylorman
    I noticed the same thing. Im sure it was a typo in the magazine. Im sure Comps web sight is right. Don't they reference lash setting in the magazine? That would make it mechanical.

victorfb
    i believe that was the motor Toddnjuzz had built for his boat. you may want to try and PM him here on the boards.

wet77
    I noticed the same thing. Im sure it was a typo in the magazine. Im sure Comps web sight is right. Don't they reference lash setting in the magazine? That would make it mechanical.
    Noticed the valve lash remark also

victorfb
    by the way, if your looking for a good gen 6 solid roller comp cam, i have the one cyclone used a couple seasons ago on his single carbed 502 that he claimed over 700HP. i rode in the boat with that motor and it kicked butt. its a comp cams custom grind, but i never recieved the lifters or pushrods for it so i didnt use it. let me know if anyone is interested.

HotRod Sprint
    i believe that was the motor Toddnjuzz had built for his boat. you may want to try and PM him here on the boards.
    Ya, I was gonna say the same thing. He has been having a lot of computer problems lately so, he may be a while in answering.
    Rod

Taylorman
    by the way, if your looking for a good gen 6 solid roller comp cam, i have the one cyclone used a couple seasons ago on his single carbed 502 that he claimed over 700HP. i rode in the boat with that motor and it kicked butt. its a comp cams custom grind, but i never recieved the lifters or pushrods for it so i didnt use it. let me know if anyone is interested.
    Whats the specs on that cam? How much you want for it?

victorfb
    its a custom grind so i cannot look it up on the web site, but i did have the specs writen down, i just have to find it. ill post em as soon as i find em, or i may have to wait till the morning and give comp cams a call with the numbers, they can tell me the specs.

I was curious about the lash setting on a hydraulic roller too but the article on the impellor test is the one I really liked the best. Too bad they didn't try a 9.5 incher while they were at it.

Taylorman
    Impeller test? Which issue is that. I did not see that one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast