Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spreading Like A WildFire

Shark In The Pond
    I'm thinking the Tx. boaters here are going to be in for a big yr. With just this first week or so I have been spending ALOT of time E-mailing folks back about getting us together ! Tx. is BIG !!!!!!!!!!! just gotta round them up, and its off to a great start people !

TexasJet
    You got that right brother! I know I am going to be doing a lot of traveling/boating. The next two months are going to go by fast, I hope. I'd like to get together on Canyon Lake or Medina this spring.

Sweet Addiction
    You got that right brother! I know I am going to be doing a lot of traveling/boating. The next two months are going to go by fast, I hope. I'd like to get together on Canyon Lake or Medina this spring.
    If you guys ever get together on Canyon I would be attendance for that one. Its not far from where I live, as long as its not held on Holiday weekends because I travel to another lake to spend those weekends. Where is Medina spring? I am not sure where that is.
    Thanks Jared

blowngas
    canyon is a great place---the parks got wiped out with the big floods awhile back---don't know if all are open, you have to check with corps of engineers or someone who knows---medina is on the west side of san antonio out past the seaworld area-----good lake, less wave action from boats unlike canyon----most have been meeting at a camp called "goat hill"----the owners like the hot boat folks and it's a good place to meet----hope to do some cruisin at both places since I got a different boat-----nothing fast, just a big daycruiser----great for lake cruising----waiting for a good day with no wind to take it out for the first time----got it around thanksgiving and haven't taken it out yet----maybe in a week or so if the winds give me half a chance

Greaser
    I would be down for a camping trip to Canyon lake

Sweet Addiction
    canyon is a great place---the parks got wiped out with the big floods awhile back---don't know if all are open, you have to check with corps of engineers or someone who knows---medina is on the west side of san antonio out past the seaworld area-----good lake, less wave action from boats unlike canyon----most have been meeting at a camp called "goat hill"----the owners like the hot boat folks and it's a good place to meet----hope to do some cruisin at both places since I got a different boat-----nothing fast, just a big daycruiser----great for lake cruising----waiting for a good day with no wind to take it out for the first time----got it around thanksgiving and haven't taken it out yet----maybe in a week or so if the winds give me half a chance
    Well I was down there in the First Part of November and the free Ramp that I normally launch at was closed due to the flooding. So I paid $5 and went to this boat ramp that was really nice, the ramp was great and the docks were in great shape. After I did some research about Medina it sounds like a great place. I have been to Canyon many of times and would look forward to going somewhere else and being on a new lake.
    Congradulations on the new boat!!! I know what thats like, its sitting there waiting, patiently, and your thinking maybe I should go out for a little while. The fever just keeps naggin at you, but hey Summer is getting closer. Or catch a good day, the weather is going to be great here in about 5 days. Warming up. Etc.
    Later Jared.

esabataj
    I'm also down for planning something this spring at either Medina or Canyon. I can always bring out the old Sleekcraft with the olds if the TX-19 isn't ready. Making good progress on the engine though so hope to be ready for test and tune in march
    I saw Goathill at Medina mentioned. Just need to let everyone know that it is a day only park (no camping) unless we can get James and Judy from South Texas Jetters involved. They are good friends with the owners and Allow camping for the Jetters for thier events. The State Park is Near Goathill and is a pretty nice Park. Haven't scoped out Canyon yet but I understand there are Several nice RV and Camping places there. I'll try to do some reaserch and post up some options shortly.
    Rishard.

esabataj
    TJ
    Hows the work on the boat coming?

Liberator TJ1984
    Rishard,
    I am working out of Leming Tx. right now, I am going to try and hit Medina this year . Even if I am on call that week end I can keep my boat here at work. If nothing is happening I can haul butt over there. How long will it take me from where I am at to Goat Hill Ramp ???
    Thanks ,Gopherrr

esabataj
    Rishard,
    I am working out of Leming Tx. right now, I am going to try and hit Medina this year . Even if I am on call that week end I can keep my boat here at work. If nothing is happening I can haul butt over there. How long will it take me from where I am at to Goat Hill Ramp ???
    Thanks ,Gopherrr
    From Leming it will probally take an hour to 1-1/2 to get to Goathill depending on traffic. I live in Floresville which is only 20-30 min from Leming. How long is the job going to last in Leming. Maybe we can hook up and BS sometime :coffeycup

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast