Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-valve

blown428fe
    Do I need to regulate the water off the T-valve to the headers with shut-offs or just run straight from valve?

BrendellaJet
    needs to be regulated.

502 JET
    Checkh this link to Basset to see how they recommend to run your plumbing and other tips.http://www.bassettracing.com/newpage...20Installation
    This is how I run my water lines as recommended by Basset.When I purchased my jet it was plumbed with direct pressure into the motor and all the water out going into the headers it worked but was not correct.Luckily I never had a revision problem with all that water in the headers.

Aluminum Squirt
    My headers are dry so take my advice with a grain of salt. I'd regulate the water right off the pump, that way you'll never have to worry about high pressure causing reversion problems, milk shake problem, and you'll have an easier time getting that motor up to a good operating temp. The regulator from Hi-Tech has always worked well for me but there are plenty of home made ones running around that work pretty well-Aluminum Squirt

Taylorman
    Do I need to regulate the water off the T-valve to the headers with shut-offs or just run straight from valve?
    I think his question is does he have to put ball regulators after the t valve. The answer imo is no. Typically as recommended by Bassett is a shut off valve in the dump line. I however do not use one. I actually shim the spring in the t valve so water comes in later.

Aluminum Squirt
    I think you're right Tman, I was writing at 1AM, so the brain was working less than my usualy low level. Anyway, if you have not regulated the incoming water, I would look into that. As far as the water to your headers, I will refrain from answering as mine are dry-Aluminum Squirt

IMPATIENT 1
    i do run gate valves at each header after the t-valve.i like alittle steam comin out and puttin a gate valve in frt. of the t-valve didn't work for me.it let too much threw.wish i had a thermostat set-up,they're nice!

Legal Chemistry
    I noticed lots of steam out of my exhaust this last weekend w/the T-valve ~90% open (still running a bit cold.) By bypassing this and running a secondary to the headers, will this reduce the steam? Or am I waaaaayyyy off? BTW, my line runs straight though the block and out the headers...

Cas
    just get a Banderlog valve and forget about all those valves to the headers. Just hook it up as directed and go.

502 JET
    I noticed lots of steam out of my exhaust this last weekend w/the T-valve ~90% open (still running a bit cold.) By bypassing this and running a secondary to the headers, will this reduce the steam? Or am I waaaaayyyy off? BTW, my line runs straight though the block and out the headers...
    My boat was hooked up like this by the previous owner except they had the Basset T in the line feeding the engine and spliting it into the block with no restriction on the lines to the headers.Alot of water would pour out the headers at idle and that is N.F.G..
    I connected my jet boat water lines as recomened by Basset.There is a gate valve in the line from the pump.With this valve you can restrict the water flowing into the motor and build more engine temp but it will get hot when idiling through no wake zones.After the inlet gate valve T the lines into the block water pump holes.Water comes out the thermostat housing one line goes to the Basset T and out to the headers.The other line on the thermostat housing goes out thru another gate valve then dumps overboard.You can adjust the overboard dump valve to give the headers water at the desired rpm.I ran my boat with this setup last year with no problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast