Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LA Auto Show

riverracerx
    Went last night. Not a bad show..not a good show. Some cool stuff to see:
    My favorites (by class and price)
    Autos:
    Mercedes CLS
    A step forward from their current design. Has nice swooping lines and looks sleek. Fills the gap between the S and E class. Sweet ride!
    Lexus GS
    My personal favorite auto of the show. This car rocks and looks so much better in person than in photos. Tight looking car and luxurious interior.
    Chrysler 300
    This thing is bold and the new SRT8 has 425HP! Damn. Chrysler has come a long way and I think they have the BEST domestic car lineup available.
    Dodge Magnum
    Pleasantly suprised with this vehicle. Same interior as a Chrysler 300 but tons of room in the back. And the way the hatch is designed makes getting things in and out easier. If you have a full size something already but still want lots of room, this one is worth looking at. You can also get the SRT8 in it. Did I say DAMN...
    Mitsubishi Eclipse
    The last model choked on it's own vomit, the previous version was a street racers dream car. Now they are back in the drivers seat. You will surely see a ton of these screaming around. If I was 20 I would buy one tomorrow.
    Saturn Sky
    This 2 seat raodster was a Saturn? No way. And it is in production already. No way. Looked like a concept car. This could get Saturn out of the mundain/ordinary category. Cool little car.
    Trucks/SUVs
    Not much new to look at here...
    Volvo XC90
    My wifes favorite (and most likely our next vehicle)
    The third row seats in this thing are pretty cool how they fold away. Comfortable, roomy and very upscale looking interior. And always..a very safe vehicle. I like the way the windows all flow together to make it look longer and sleeker
    GMC Envoy Denali
    My wife liked this one too. First time I had ever even really looked at one. Nice inside if you don't want to drive a full size but still need to space.
    Ford F150
    My favorite full size truck. There isn't a better interior in a full size. I like it better than my Escalade. Only flaw on the Lariat is the wood looks so cheesy. Blah! The FX4 has a killer dash and some nice front seats.
    Disappointments:
    Lincoln Mark something truck
    What the hell. I can glue chrome on the side of an F150 cheaper. I can paint the dash a different color too. The seats have piping..oooh! And the floormats are softer. Same HP as the Ford..BOOOO I want more HP. There is nothing noteworthy on this truck that would make me buy it over the Ford.
    VW Jetta
    Can you say Toyota Corolla. The front grill was the only thing kinda cool on this car. The old Jetta had character apart from the Japanese contenders, now it just blends in with them.
    Ford and GM autos
    Their domestic car lineup all suck. Their designs are mundain, boring and the interiors are plastic crap. Take a design cue from Chrysler and go back to the drawing board.
    So there you have it. Show is fun, but with little crowds you can get through it in about 2-3 hours and be sufficiently bored. What do I want to buy now??

Lightning
    Did Volvo have the S60R on display, saw that one at the San Diego show - what a sweet ride.

bohica
    [QUOTE=riverracerx]Volvo XC90
    Stay away from Volvo. Made a big mistake and bought a V70 witht he high pressure turbo T5 motor a few years back. Biggest piece of shiat I ever owned. Volvo's are notorious for electrical problems, and I can vouch for that. You'll be burning out light bulbs on a monthly basis. Spent 40K on that car, and was so pissed I traded it in 2 years later for 12K.

riverracerx
    The XC90 now comes with a V8 that is produced by Yamaha. It is supposed to be a very reliable and proven motor. And now that Ford owns part of Volvo I understand they are sharing secrets. The new Ford SUVs are incorporating the Volvo safety technology and the Volvos are gaining production value in Fords automation advancements.
    Don't know if this makes them a better car now, but so they say. Bummer you got a bad one. :frown:
    Didn't see the other Volvo, but wasn't really looking. They have a nice looking new V50 sports wagon that is pretty cool too.

SoCalOffshore
    Without a doubt my favorite was the C6 Z06 and all of its 500 HP. There will be one of those in my driveway next year. I currently have an '02 Z06 with only 10,000 miles on it. I also liked the new Cadillac STS V, 440 supercharged horsepower. I wish they had the Chrysler 300 SRT, but the Magnum SRT was sweet. As RRX said earlier, the Saturn coupe is a hot little roadster.

SoCal_fun
    Going to the show on Sunday. We'll check it out and see whats what.
    How were the accessory displays??

Kilrtoy
    Without a doubt my favorite was the C6 Z06 and all of its 500 HP. There will be one of those in my driveway next year. I currently have an '02 Z06 with only 10,000 miles on it. I also liked the new Cadillac STS V, 440 supercharged horsepower. I wish they had the Chrysler 300 SRT, but the Magnum SRT was sweet. As RRX said earlier, the Saturn coupe is a hot little roadster.
    Whats the top speed on that.......referring to your 02 Z06

Kilrtoy
    [QUOTE=riverracerx]Volvo XC90
    Stay away from Volvo. Made a big mistake and bought a V70 witht he high pressure turbo T5 motor a few years back. Biggest piece of shiat I ever owned. Volvo's are notorious for electrical problems, and I can vouch for that. You'll be burning out light bulbs on a monthly basis. Spent 40K on that car, and was so pissed I traded it in 2 years later for 12K.
    Parents bought a new VOLVO in 1968, it broke down in the parking lot as they were driving off.........
    That car was never right.....

SoCalOffshore
    Whats the top speed on that.......referring to your 02 Z06
    I think about 176 mph. The Z's have gearing to limit top end and still get 25 mpg on the freeway. It is the 0 to 60 or 60 to 140 which is the key. They just plain haul as*. Your C6 would be very close in speed to my Z, although all Z's are manual 6 speeds.

BeetleJuice
    VW had an awesome display and the new Jetta is a winner! Other than that it was pretty much a boring show. :sleeping:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast