Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets in Hot boat mag

RiverToysJas
    Guess I should add my e-mail address!
    Jason@rivertoys.com
    RTJas.
    [This message has been edited by RiverToysJas (edited January 02, 2002).]

Bense468
    I think that is a great idea. I mean all of us have something we are tinkering with. I took a boat that was a pile and turned it into something. Even did the capping myself. I am only 22 bought the boat right when I turned 19. But the bottom line is someone is always altering something. I have noticed that not everything works right. Next year I will be building a CP and doing a lot of custom things like making my own billet rail kits and bellhousings. I want to rig this thing bitchen. Thats the kind of stuff I am intrested in. Like if I run a center skag in my boat what does it take to do that. Cooling! everyone seems to wonder about cooling. If everyone kind of wrote up there own thing and there was a user submitted section it would be cool, along with a section for shops articals. Just clarify that it is user submitted. Just for ideas you know. Maybe some before and after shots of readers rides with brief descriptions. SO you know this guy did not buy it. I like to see what people did themselves. Don't get me wrong having a big artical or two every month from a shop is really cool, Just my 2 cents.
    [This message has been edited by Bense468 (edited January 02, 2002).]

greg shoemaker
    WOW!!!! Sounds like alot of frustrsted jetboat Hot Boat readers. First of all I'm still on the evaluation team with Hot Boat and Ican tell you we call em as we see em. What you fail to realize is the mag has done a lot of good in bring the standards of the mfg way up. Believe me if we see a problem it is noted and at the time of the evaluation. What happens is that the boat we evaluate is not always what is sold to the public that is an area we cannot control. How many boaters subscribe to Hot Boat? How mant jet pumps are sold in the USA in one year.

greg shoemaker
    WOW!!!! Sounds like alot of frustrsted jetboat Hot Boat readers. First of all I'm still on the evaluation team with Hot Boat and Ican tell you we call em as we see em. What you fail to realize is the mag has done a lot of good in bring the standards of the mfg way up. Believe me if we see a problem it is noted and at the time of the evaluation. What happens is that the boat we evaluate is not always what is sold to the public that is an area we cannot control. How many boaters subscribe to Hot Boat? How mant jet pumps are sold in the USA in one year. This does not include jet skis. Most all the project boats are customer funded not by Hot Boat. Any Takers? Greg

greg shoemaker
    WOW!!!! Sounds like alot of frustrsted jetboat Hot Boat readers. First of all I'm still on the evaluation team with Hot Boat and Ican tell you we call em as we see em. What you fail to realize is the mag has done a lot of good in bring the standards of the mfg way up. Believe me if we see a problem it is noted and at the time of the evaluation. What happens is that the boat we evaluate is not always what is sold to the public that is an area we cannot control. How many boaters subscribe to Hot Boat? How mant jet pumps are sold in the USA in one year. This does not include jet skis. Most all the project boats are customer funded not by Hot Boat. Any Takers? Greg

rivercrazy
    I agree with Greg. Some of the manufacturers bring boats to the evals that are not representative of the boats they sell everyday. Again I said SOME not ALL.
    I bet only 2-3K new pumps are sold per year. A small fraction of the O/D's Merc sells.

mikey
    Originally posted by HBjet:
    I've heard the Eliminator won't build you a boat smaller then 25', they will do the mold, but then you have to get it rigged somewhere else.
    [This message has been edited by HBjet (edited January 02, 2002).]
    Not True. We do build smaller boats and some jet boats. Last year (2001) we built less than 10 jet boats and over 300 outdrives. If you were in the shop back in late November you would have saw two 210 eagles with jets going together. We did another in early November. Everybody wants big boats today, 25' and up, and almost all are the Daytona. Most manufactures, like us, have re-designed thier smaller v-bottom boats with stepped hulls that do not work with jet application.
    I do think ***boat should look at the number of post in the jet boat forum. They could do articals on some of the early jet boats. I see lots of post asking about info on a Sleek-Craft, Kona, Wriedt, Spectra, Southwind, Sidewinder, ect. Why not do a few pages on the history of the So CAL jet boats and the manufactures. Do a few test comparing a jet VS. i/o. I think most readers would be surprised to find the Jet boat is not as bad as most make it out to be. The customer is told the jet burns more gas. Motors do not know if they are hooked to a jet, V-drive, Sterndrive or on a dyno stand. A 454 with a jet will turn about 4800 rpm at WOT and burn 'X' amount of gas. Now hook this motor to a stern drive, prop it for 4800 rpm at WOT, and it will still burn 'X' amount of gas. Jet packages are less expensive than a comparable sterndrive, much lower maintenance cost, and you never have to replace/repair a propeller/skag. I still belive, over all, a jet is the least expensive way to go boating.
    Mike
    Eliminator Parts Manager

ChetCapoli
    Well how bout dat!
    ol rahndy seems to be mistaken. hmmmm
    http://free.***boat.net/ubb/eek.gif

froggystyle
    Originally posted by greg shoemaker:
    We put on a jet boat regatta and nobody showed up.
    You didn't ask me! It is well known that the manufacturers have somewhat abandoned the jetboat market, but the enthusiasts have not. Now your regatta was advertised to new boat manufacturers, of which three showed. Advertise that on "Jet Tech" and see the level of diversity you get. I'll be there, and I know my man HB Jet is down! You will see jets with power, gelcoat, stereos, bikinis, and everything else that is so cool about them. You guys just show up first thing, and choose the ten you want to test. THEN, write the article on your jetboat roundup.
    Manufacturers are not the only people willing to drive to Havasu http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    Thanks for playing Greg.

Bense468
    I second that. I never heard about the jet regatta until it was over. I was thinking I am going next year for sure. But when is it who knows I don't? So maybe no one show up because it is not properly advertised or maybe us jet boaters are tired of throwing the magazine down after 5 minutes because there is 1 or 2 good things to read in there that is in our intrest.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast